• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Magick via Kinesics and Kinetics

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Sitting in a crowded stadium, with fans energetically pumped....

A familiar sight takes place, one section of sports fans shouts out loud standing and raising their arms up, and seat themselves again. A stadium level undulation follows from the locus. Drawing closer to you, you feel the energy and excitement raise, and though you may have been hesitant at first, something about the motion of the crowd draws you in, and you join with a rush of excitement you weren't expecting.

Settling back down, you catch a glance from the cute person in front of you, eliciting a smile; they wink and return to their seat, as they do. Though your heart just skipped a beat, you sit content.

Welcome to the Magick of kinesics and kinetics.

Kinesics is the systematic study of the relationship between non-linguistic body motions (such as blushes, shrugs, or eye movement) and communication.

While kinetics refers to relating to or resulting from motion.

When in reference to Art, which is what Magick is imo, this includes depending on movement, and motion for its effect.

In practice kinesic/kinetic Magick is the ritual usage of movements, motions, postures, gestures, and dance to create a heightened spiritual state from which Magick is cast.

This method of Magick is highly flexible and adaptable. Requiring little to no tools, material or symbols besides movement and form, it is the ultimate method of Magick on the go.

Some contemporary examples would be similar to the Mudras of Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism; or the Krytas of Kundalini Yoga. While a more vigorous application could be seen as closer to ecstatic dance.

Does this form of Magick interest you?

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Sitting in a crowded stadium, with fans energetically pumped....

A familiar sight takes place, one section of sports fans shouts out loud standing and raising their arms up, and seat themselves again. A stadium level undulation follows from the locus. Drawing closer to you, you feel the energy and excitement raise, and though you may have been hesitant at first, something about the motion of the crowd draws you in, and you join with a rush of excitement you weren't expecting.

Settling back down, you catch a glance from the cute person in front of you, eliciting a smile; they wink and return to their seat, as they do. Though your heart just skipped a beat, you sit content.

Welcome to the Magick of kinesics and kinetics.

Kinesics is the systematic study of the relationship between non-linguistic body motions (such as blushes, shrugs, or eye movement) and communication.

While kinetics refers to relating to or resulting from motion.

When in reference to Art, which is what Magick is imo, this includes depending on movement, and motion for its effect.

In practice kinesic/kinetic Magick is the ritual usage of movements, motions, postures, gestures, and dance to create a heightened spiritual state from which Magick is cast.

This method of Magick is highly flexible and adaptable. Requiring little to no tools, material or symbols besides movement and form, it is the ultimate method of Magick on the go.

Some contemporary examples would be similar to the Mudras of Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism; or the Krytas of Kundalini Yoga. While a more vigorous application could be seen as closer to ecstatic dance.

Does this form of Magick interest you?
Yes, I do find it interesting, perhaps because of its flexibility and adaptability. It seems to be relevant in multiple traditions, and something one can 'practice' about anywhere.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Yes, I do find it interesting, perhaps because of its flexibility and adaptability. It seems to be relevant in multiple traditions, and something one can 'practice' about anywhere.

Good I'm glad it interests you.

If I ever decide to write more about it, I'll give you a copy.