• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Magic

Treks

Yes, I agree that Bhagat Dhanna is not asking for more than any regular person would be asking for. I still think it is unusual in the larger scheme of the Gurbani.

I don't believe a prayer can manifest anything by itself. Hard work, acceptance and contentment seems to be the general thrust of Gurbani.

Yes, I said Gurbani doesn't disallow the use of alcohol. This is probably due to my apparently extreme POV, trying to understand the Gurbani in a holistic way. To me, Gurbani is more philosophical than some other scriptures. It teaches big ideas, which, when taken in by a rational mind and encouraged by a spiritual self, manifest in life by the choices we make; we learn from Gurbani that there is no point in drinking alcohol.

The two tuks you posted to illustrate context, illustrate it at a superficial level. Your point is nonetheless taken.