• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lunar Landings : Scientific Brilliance or Elaborate Hoax.

c0da

I've never seen this debated here and it always seems to bring up quite a lot of controversy when I chat with friends about it so...

What do you think? Did the Yankies really put a man on the moon or was it done "in a hollywood basement"?

Booko

Deviled Hen
c0da said:
I've never seen this debated here and it always seems to bring up quite a lot of controversy when I chat with friends about it so...

What do you think? Did the Yankies really put a man on the moon or was it done "in a hollywood basement"?

You mean that question is actually worthy of debate? :run:

c0da

Well, I have a very argumentative friend who will often take sides with the most obscure of theories, just to spark debate, so it seems worthy of debate in that arena.

Flappycat

The hoax theory gives my countrymen more credit for brains than they really deserve. Besides, the landing shouldn't be a terribly difficult thing to do, given enough resources.

Booko

Deviled Hen
c0da said:
Well, I have a very argumentative friend who will often take sides with the most obscure of theories, just to spark debate, so it seems worthy of debate in that arena.
Hm. Is he a member of the Flat Earth Society, by any chance?

And alas, I fear I must agree with Flappycat when he says:

The hoax theory gives my countrymen more credit for brains than they really deserve.

Mystic-als

You know why there's so much antagonism towards this subject? It's because this one thing marked the US supperiority. It is not past the realms of possibility that the whole thing was a propaganda campeign to demoralise the Soviets.
Have they landed there since. Very likley.

eudaimonia

Fellowship of Reason
c0da said:

It's a hoax. And Columbus never did discover America. America is a hoax too. And the Earth is flat. A round Earth is a hoax. And...

Is it even possible to have a serious debate on this issue?:shrug:

eudaimonia,

Mark

A

angellous_evangellous

IMO, a lot of people invovled in the project at NASA and in other organizations/companies would have had to be deceived, too.

I think that it's possible that the moon landing is a hoax, but it would have to be almost unimaginably elaborate. While it's fun to speculate that it's a hoax, it's not very probable IMO.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Mystic-als said:
You know why there's so much antagonism towards this subject? It's because this one thing marked the US supperiority. It is not past the realms of possibility that the whole thing was a propaganda campeign to demoralise the Soviets.
Have they landed there since. Very likley.

I'm not at all antagonized by the subject, nor have I ever met a fellow American who was.

The usual reaction is more like :biglaugh:

Booko

Deviled Hen
angellous_evangellous said:
IMO, a lot of people invovled in the project at NASA and in other organizations/companies would have had to be deceived, too.

I think that it's possible that the moon landing is a hoax, but it would have to be almost unimaginably elaborate. While it's fun to speculate that it's a hoax, it's not very probable IMO.

I don't even think it's possible.

Well, if you want to show me the list of dead bodies of people who've had to be silenced over the years, I might think about it.

After I stop laughing. :spit: