• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Luke-warm Christian?

fromthe heart

jgallandt said:
This is what turns people off towards Christianity. The 'Your right, everyone else is wrong' attitude. I read the Bible, I will get something out of it you won't, and visa versa. So will michel. And Kat. And ND. And Terry. And aqualung. And Mike. Does this mean one is right and the rest is wrong? No, it does not. It means God has different ways to reach different people. Please respect that.
This is what that turns people off towards Christianity??? I don't judge anyone...if I judge anyone it's myself...by what the word of God says. I hope this wasn't in response to me because I never said I'd get more out of reading the Bible than anyone...God opens our hearts to what HE wants to say to us each time we read His word...If you have a personal relationship with God trust me He will point things out to you if you are doing wrong. This is true for all those you stated as well as you and I. ...But you nor I have no right to say there aren't things in the word of God that can't make you squirm once in a while if you have an unsettled sin in your heart.

You said does this mean one is right and the rest is wrong...that my friend is between each person and the Lord...I'd be a fool to say I'm right and you're wrong...thus you likewise. God makes the truth known...it's up to us to learn to accept when He says something is sin...then it's sin. It may not be something we'd like to hear but if God said it...that confirms it and I believe it.

God has different ways to reach people...yes He does but I can tell you one thing I've learned and that is it won't be anything against what His word says...if it says to you sin isn't sin...then you may be listening to another voice beside that of God's and you should search His word for confirmation of fact. He is no respecter of persons and does speak the same thing to all of us...it's all in what we 'choose' to believe.

Respectfully...FTH

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
No, he does not speak the same thing. Alot of what you said is true. But your going by the way you interprete the Bible, as the only way to interprete it.God did not write the Bible. He inspired people to write it. Inspired... Motivated. There are other threads about this. continued...

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Personal relationship... Let's say we have a mutual friend. We both have a personal relationship with said friend. Would these relationships not be different? Hence, the word personal. And if you came to me and told me that your relationship was stronger with said friend, because you did this and you did that, do you not think our friend might get upset with you for speaking for him, ...continued.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Your friend upset you you for speaking for him, without knowing the personal relationship that I have with said person? Once again, it's personal. What you get out of the Bible is different then what I get out of it for a reason. We all have different needs. I love James. It relates to me. Personal. Someone else might relate to the gospel of Matthew. To each his own needs....