• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Luke 6:23.How does rewards in heaven work?

Truth in love

I think the Bible gives us a clear view of the upper end of possibility

Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Quite literally everything is on the table.

Now how does that play out? Its much less clear

I mostly see more vague references like
2 Timothy 4:
7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

There are many references to rewards and judgement, but its not supper clear cut anywhere I can find.

lostwanderingsoul

When the Bible says our rewards are in heaven it is like saying you money is in the bank. You do not have to go to the bank to get your money. You can write a check or the bank can send you your money. You also do not have to go to heaven to get God's reward. Jesus will bring it when he returns to earth. The Bible never says anyone goes to heaven.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
When the Bible says our rewards are in heaven it is like saying you money is in the bank. You do not have to go to the bank to get your money. You can write a check or the bank can send you your money. You also do not have to go to heaven to get God's reward. Jesus will bring it when he returns to earth. The Bible never says anyone goes to heaven.

Do you think I could get a small loan? ;)

Vee

Premium Member
In Luke 6:23.How does rewards in heaven work?:):confused:

It means that it is better to be kept in God's memory. It's a message of hope - and the hope of a reward can help us to maintain our emotional, mental, and spiritual stability. It can help us to have the strength to endure hardships.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In Luke 6:23.How does rewards in heaven work?:):confused:

This world is a manifestation of God but a very low level of it. Food manifests God here, but not in a intense holy way. This world is over all at a very far distance from God. He has not looked at with mercy or grace, but rather, it is a trial, to avoid attachment to it for the unseen path and journey. To taste heaven in this world, you have to go to actions the sorcery makes hated. To avoid hell, avoid actions that seem pleasurable. It is a hard trial.

Unseen sustenance from God in this world can be given, light can be given, fruits of heaven are unseen in in this world. God and his threat is unseen, that is only reason why fearing God is virtuous. Had it been in full view, no one would dare to sin.

But with certainty and faith and love of signs of God, you begin to see the inward world from eyes of the soul. Over time, patience holding on to prayers constantly and good deeds and things that fix soul and restore balance and peace on earth, will grow in the soul.

The soul world is unseen but will be brought to full view on day of judgment.

It is then, that rewards from your deeds will take place. The rewards of deeds are like seeds, the seeds in this world are unseen, they appear insignificant, but the trees and fruits in the next are of endless amplification in glory and beauty and taste intoxicating in love of God and sweetness of his remembrance.

Everything has a place in journey to God. Sex even will be intensified in a matter to bring us closer to God and his beauty and knowing him through it.

The next world we are given then replaced and given higher reality like it, but still higher, and higher but like it, then higher, and like it, higher, then like it. Never ending.'

The nature of paradise is that is a journey through unseen faith. The higher your faith and deeds are, the greater the speed and holy intense nature the rewards will be.

The same light that makes reality of paradise pleasurable, is the most intense reality of hell in the next world. That is too dark souls, they burn from reality of the light and their nature and deeds.

Same reason why God does not show his unseen doors to sky signs in this world to everyone. Souls in a rebellious state will rebel more and be further in hostility and misguidance if not ready.

If God could give this paradise journey to all souls he would. But by it nature, it has to be earned through faith and deeds. That is the nature of it.

The women of paradise are pure and not in need of trial, same way Prophets are pure and God knows their path before creating them in this world.