• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Luciferianism

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Was it true that Lucifer slept with Adam while he was in the Garden of Eden? I read that once somewhere, but I can't remember where.

morning-star

Light Bearer
Was it true that Lucifer slept with Adam while he was in the Garden of Eden? I read that once somewhere, but I can't remember where.

with adam??? I'm not sure but I think I might have heard something like this but I don't think it to be true. It has never been in any biblical texts (or far as I know taken out of any) and Iv'e never heard and luciferian or satanist (ect) say anything about this. It's all speculation and rumors, made up as most of the stuff is ( E.G like satan and lucifer being the same entity thuogh there is NO proof, and the same as christians mistaking pan for satan)

bflydad

like satan and lucifer being the same entity thuogh there is NO proof, and the same as christians mistaking pan for satan)

This is probably a very ignorant question but would be able to give me a little on the mythology of Lucifer and Satan. My only knowledge of them is as the Christian devil and of Lucifer being an angel who fell from grace and now rules in Hell (Paradise Lost?). Thanks

Ðanisty

Are you familiar at all with Gnosticism? The Gnostic take on the Garden of Eden story is very much inline with Luciferian thinking. We see the serpent as Lucifer and what he does in the garden is not a bad thing at all. In fact, we see it as a gift of freedom.

Much of the mythology of Lucifer comes straight from his name. Lux Ferre means "lightbringer."

As far as Satan is concerned, I'm pretty sure most Luciferians and Satanists see Satan as "the adversary."

If that wasn't helpful, I'll go into more detail.

bflydad

That was very helpful for defining Lucifer. If I did believe in the Garden of Eden story, it would be exactly as you say. I've always thought of the Serpent as having done a good thing by providing humanity with knowledge (isn't that what evolution is all about?). Lux ferre = Light briner. I will do my best to remember that.

My only question is when you say Satan is the "adversary", who is he the adversary of? God? If so, what is he trying to accomplish? making people do bad/evil things?

Thanks for all of this info. It is great!

Ðanisty

My only question is when you say Satan is the "adversary", who is he the adversary of? God? If so, what is he trying to accomplish? making people do bad/evil things?
Well, I don't personally think Satan is the adversary of anyone or thing in particular. I just think it's his nature to be that way. Kind of like a teenager...lol. But, even if you were to say he was God's adversary (which he certainly is among other things), he would not be making people do evil things because we don't believe that God is good. We believe that God is the bad guy, so being God's adversary would make Satan a good guy. Of course, things aren't really that black and white, but you get what I'm saying. I would say that Satan is the adversary of the status quo.

morning-star

Light Bearer
you also need to remember that nothing can be pure good or pure evil.

random Q. (to all) what in your views would you say satan would look like/take the form of? ( the stereotypical view is that the devil with horns and goat feet, which was basically the form of the pagan God Pan, which Christian mistook for Satan. Then there’s also the fact that in the bible Satan is seen as a dragon (I’m referring to the Michel and the dragon thing)

ChickenProphet

Ormhäxan
I am pure evil >8D

If Satan was a real entity (in my opinion he isn't) he'd be like he's described in the bible. A dragon. A red dragon, since red is his colour.

Ðanisty

I think Satan can look however he wants. He'll take the form that suits him at the time. Mostly though, I think he looks like your average charming, charismatic man.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
random Q. (to all) what in your views would you say satan would look like/take the form of? ( the stereotypical view is that the devil with horns and goat feet, which was basically the form of the pagan God Pan, which Christian mistook for Satan. Then there’s also the fact that in the bible Satan is seen as a dragon (I’m referring to the Michel and the dragon thing)

I think, along with other divine beings, that he would take a form that would make sense to the person he was appearing to. What good is appearing to someone if they have no idea who you are?

Ðanisty

I think, along with other divine beings, that he would take a form that would make sense to the person he was appearing to. What good is appearing to someone if they have no idea who you are?
:yes: That's the way I see Lucifer too. He would appear as whatever a person expects to see him. Of course, it may not always be useful for people to recognize who you are, so I would assume they can appear however they wish.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Ðanisty;804267 said:
:yes: That's the way I see Lucifer too. He would appear as whatever a person expects to see him. Of course, it may not always be useful for people to recognize who you are, so I would assume they can appear however they wish.

Or maybe, they always look the same, but it's our perceptions that make them look different. Like if the angel of death were to appear to BFD_Zayl and myself, he would see Thanatos (I assume) and I would see Anubis, but we're looking at the same entity at the same time.

Ðanisty

Or maybe, they always look the same, but it's our perceptions that make them look different. Like if the angel of death were to appear to BFD_Zayl and myself, he would see Thanatos (I assume) and I would see Anubis, but we're looking at the same entity at the same time.
That's entirely possible as well.

morning-star

Light Bearer
yeah saying the would take on the form to whatever you personly see him as would make sence........

I am pure evil >8D

If Satan was a real entity (in my opinion he isn't) he'd be like he's described in the bible. A dragon. A red dragon, since red is his colour.

a message for chicken.p: you know satan realy looks like don't you? skydi! XD lol :p

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
I imagine Satan to look like your Avatar, morning-star. I know his name is Lucifer in the Manga, but he acts more like Satan. That is the image of Satan I have stuck in my head Though, I prefer the vintage Black and White.

morning-star

Light Bearer
but in the manga there are the seven satans and Lucifer so not really, also you find out that God was just make Lucifer fall and rebel etc so he has lucifer, then he truely goes against God (by killing him >.<) so he has lucifer cariteristics(spelling >.<) (and hes so damn sexy >.<)

and as for the black and white image I can poke it any time I like as I own (up to volume 18) the manga lol there are some killer images in the manga...

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Maybe it would be better to view him as an mixture of Satan and Lucifer. He has the characteristics of the Judaistic Accuser Satan (providing an opposite to God), but he also has the rebellious characteristics of Lucifer i.e. at the end of the Manga.

and hes so damn sexy

Indeed he is... though not as damn sexy as Rosiel. :D

In case the mods think we are bringing this thread off topic, we are not. Angel Sanctuary is as imporant a spiritual guide as any other religious text. Perhaps the most important ;)