• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Luciferianism: DIR Name Change Debate Thread

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
I came here to discuss and debate opinions about the DIR Name Change to "Luciferian".

1) Luciferian would be describing the individual practitioner of Luciferianism.

2) You may say Luciferianism is too individual to be called "ism", but I say there is some things agreed upon by all Luciferians - if there isn't then the Luciferians who disagree with the common opinions of Luciferianism are NOT Luciferians, they have no reason to call themselves that. If there wasn't common opinions, the term wouldn't have existed in the first place. If so, then those are the principles of Luciferianism. Thus, there IS a Luciferianism.

3) Religious Education Forum - Discuss, Compare and Debate Religions in Our Online Community is a site meant for, as it says, religious education. People are to use this as a source if they are wanting information of a certain religion/philosophy. I haven't seen any other DIRs having this problem "This religion means this" "No it means that". If we're feeding our index spiders using RF as a source of information for Luciferianism, then we'd be feeding them false information. Frankly, I feel that a lot of Luciferians there that are wanting to change it to "Luciferian" are changing the very meaing of the word "Luciferianism" The word exists for a reason.

4) I'm not acting like a leader of this DIR, I'm merely stating why we shouldn't change it. In fact, I haven't posted in it for quite a while rather than the newest couple threads. But I see that certain people are trying to act as if they own the DIR, trying to kick me out of the DIR because, to them, I'm not a Luciferian. This is madness.

So what I suggest is that we keep it "Luciferianism" and only talk about Luciferianism. If one "Luciferian" doesn't like the Luciferianism type of it, then they're not fit for that DIR and should just stay out. Enough of our roleplaying in that DIR and attempt to being unique about being a Luciferian, Luciferianism means one thing, and the attempt to make it mean something different, in an educational place, is completely ignorant and selfish.

Debate it here.