• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Loving yourself

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hope you are all coping okay with this nasty virus and the impact on so many lives!

Here's a little somethin I just found at Teal Swan's site -

Self love is the trump card. It is the root around which everything grows. It is the apex of our journey here. And in truth, it is the only practice. Love transforms everything unlike itself. What this means is, when a person takes on the practice of self love, they are committing to the re-surfacing and peeling back of everything that is unhealed and unloving about them. You cannot complete this journey to self love without moving through the processes of awareness, truth, equanimity, forgiveness, self-reliance, trust, responsibility, gratitude, realization, compassion, unity, freedom, letting go, joy and boundless love. It is the spiritual journey through which all other journeys are realized.

Most of us were taught indirectly growing up that self love was selfish and conceited. We were taught that self deprecation was virtuous, we were taught this by adults who confused humility with prostration. It is for this reason that we must learn for ourselves what self love is and what self love isn’t.

Self Love: The Lesson Through Which All Other Lessons Are Realized

Enjoy your day!

King Phenomenon

Hope you are all coping okay with this nasty virus and the impact on so many lives!

Self love is the trump card. It is the root around which everything grows. It is the apex of our journey here. And in truth, it is the only practice. Love transforms everything unlike itself. What this means is, when a person takes on the practice of self love, they are committing to the re-surfacing and peeling back of everything that is unhealed and unloving about them. You cannot complete this journey to self love without moving through the processes of awareness, truth, equanimity, forgiveness, self-reliance, trust, responsibility, gratitude, realization, compassion, unity, freedom, letting go, joy and boundless love. It is the spiritual journey through which all other journeys are realized.

Most of us were taught indirectly growing up that self love was selfish and conceited. We were taught that self deprecation was virtuous, we were taught this by adults who confused humility with prostration. It is for this reason that we must learn for ourselves what self love is and what self love isn’t.

Enjoy your day!
I was raised God first me second and everyone else third

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!

Enjoy your day!

Hello...! :)
I have always found the tern 'self love' to be strange.

I would prefer to feel some self-respect, I think. But after a life of stupidities that can be a tough call for me as well ... :)

The last 30 years have given me the opportunity to build some small respect, as long as I don't get to thinking back to the half-century of previous blunders.

I focus my love upon my wife who made everything worth while..... I've been so lucky....

And her two little hounds ......... ha ha! :)

Have a happy day, Geof... :

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hello...! :)
I have always found the tern 'self love' to be strange.

I would prefer to feel some self-respect, I think. But after a life of stupidities that can be a tough call for me as well ... :)

The last 30 years have given me the opportunity to build some small respect, as long as I don't get to thinking back to the half-century of previous blunders.

I focus my love upon my wife who made everything worth while..... I've been so lucky....

And her two little hounds ......... ha ha! :)

Have a happy day, Geof... :

Thanks for sharing - and I wish you all the best too!

I think a lot of people are confused on this matter and it does create quite a bit of tension.

Cheers!