• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Love, Light, and the Dual God

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
what kind of a god would allow it's offspring to suffer and not suffer itself? in other words, what kind of loving being would stand apart, separate and watch while it's offspring suffered and offer no help?

is that loving? is that enlightening?

isn't that what a double spirited/minded would do?

james 1:8

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
fair on the part of the god, or the offspring?
No, I meant your question ( whether or not a loving god who allows its offspring to suffer alone is double-minded ) is a fair question.

In other words, if one believes that such a god is double-minded, that would be a fair observation.

Sorry for not being clear.

what kind of a god would allow it's offspring to suffer and not suffer itself? in other words, what kind of loving being would stand apart, separate and watch while it's offspring suffered and offer no help?

That is an interesting question. I think there are two kind of parents, those who allow children to make mistakes, and those who try to protect them from everything by suppressing them to live their own life at all. I think God is like a father who allows people to make own mistakes and I think it is good, all though it can be painful at some times. I think it is loving to allow freedom. But, I don't think God does not offer any help, because we have the Bible and God's advice's and comfort in its promises.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That is an interesting question. I think there are two kind of parents, those who allow children to make mistakes, and those who try to protect them from everything by suppressing them to live their own life at all. I think God is like a father who allows people to make own mistakes and I think it is good, all though it can be painful at some times. I think it is loving to allow freedom. But, I don't think God does not offer any help, because we have the Bible and God's advice's and comfort in its promises.
convenient blame the victim