• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Looking for a faith.

Torah4Yah

image.png
Hi. I am a young woman. My father is an atheist, my mother is an atheist/agnostic, and my brother rejects religion entirely. I go to a panreligious church that welcomes all ideas, but seem to be mainly various flavors of atheist and pagan.

I have always felt a pull toward the spiritual. I came to recognize this as the essence of a deity, who is pure experience, beauty, and meaning, in existence, whose essence also binds us all to ourselves and sustains us. We are a part of it, but an impure part. We do not take the form or have the sheer power of this deity because of the rejection of basic beauty and purity in our world. However, our world still is filled with divinity and beauty as an intrinsic part of it.

My question is, did I create my own religion, or can I join another? Is there a religion that would allow me my interpretation of this God as long as it fit within its context?

I would rather have a religion due to the acceptance, community, and routines it brings. With rituals and services, I have a concrete way of feeling close to spirituality.

Please do not use this as an excuse to proselytize unless you really think I could be a religion.

(I think I am a "panentheist", variants of which are in Sikhism, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.)
If you are looking for YHWH (Yahowah) the creator the Hebrew God that Judaism and Christianity are based off of know that you will find endless variations. Based on the dss(Dead Sea scrolls) (Qumran text) the oldest writing we have available the are some fundamental differences to be understood. YHWH is not religious , political, patriotic, never wanted to be worshiped he wants a family relationship and to be loved. These are things that will not be taught in a church. Religion is paganism. What God taught was knowing what he said and trusting in it. What you learn in church will be faith and grace and that is opposed to his words.
And it get even more challenging when you realize do to translation errors that everywhere you turn someone has a different translation and understanding. I have 75% of the dss translated by a team and I have 2 friends on that team. It is a 20 year work and still going I can also send you links to a 3000 page commentary explaining why and how they came to there translations and what they used. Even if by their studies did not agree with the lexicon and an explanation for doing so.
Let me know if you want the info and if I can help in any way.

RationalSkeptic

Freethinker
Hi. I am a young woman. My father is an atheist, my mother is an atheist/agnostic, and my brother rejects religion entirely. I go to a panreligious church that welcomes all ideas, but seem to be mainly various flavors of atheist and pagan.

I have always felt a pull toward the spiritual. I came to recognize this as the essence of a deity, who is pure experience, beauty, and meaning, in existence, whose essence also binds us all to ourselves and sustains us. We are a part of it, but an impure part. We do not take the form or have the sheer power of this deity because of the rejection of basic beauty and purity in our world. However, our world still is filled with divinity and beauty as an intrinsic part of it.

My question is, did I create my own religion, or can I join another? Is there a religion that would allow me my interpretation of this God as long as it fit within its context?

I would rather have a religion due to the acceptance, community, and routines it brings. With rituals and services, I have a concrete way of feeling close to spirituality.

Please do not use this as an excuse to proselytize unless you really think I could be a religion.

(I think I am a "panentheist", variants of which are in Sikhism, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.)

Why do you want a faith?