• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Living robots built using frog cells

We Never Know

No Slack
One step closer to a "terminator"

Scientists repurposed living frog cells -- and assembled them into entirely new life-forms. These tiny 'xenobots' can move toward a target and heal themselves after being cut. These novel living machines are neither a traditional robot nor a known species of animal. They're a new class of artifact: a living, programmable organism.

Read more at...
Living robots built using frog cells: Tiny 'xenobots' assembled from cells promise advances from drug delivery to toxic waste clean-up

Darkforbid

pickle-rick-wields-some-pretty-gnarly-weapons-in-this-grisly-battle.jpeg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm going to get in line to be assimilated by our new Borg collective overlords.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
One step closer to a "terminator"

Scientists repurposed living frog cells -- and assembled them into entirely new life-forms. These tiny 'xenobots' can move toward a target and heal themselves after being cut. These novel living machines are neither a traditional robot nor a known species of animal. They're a new class of artifact: a living, programmable organism.

Read more at...
Living robots built using frog cells: Tiny 'xenobots' assembled from cells promise advances from drug delivery to toxic waste clean-up
Why do I think it's always great at the start, and later on after the oohs and aahs die out, I think as an afterthought they're going to weaponize it somehow making it applicable with the darker aspects of life.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought scientists were supposed to use frog DNA to build dinosaurs.
I’m honestly a little disappointed

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
Why do I think it's always great at the start, and later on after the oohs and aahs die out, I think as an afterthought they're going to weaponize it somehow making it applicable with the darker aspects of life.
Any technology, once proven and established, can be used for good or ill. A shaped stone can grind grain to meal to feed a family of crack skulls. Of course, a shaped stone can't escape control and mutate to something else.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The Frog was a villainous arch-criminal, and we'd all be better off without him.

480.jpg