• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Living a spiritual life should be fun

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
As a religious or spiritual person, are you having fun?
Or maybe you are as I used to be, taking it way too serious all the time, and not finding the inner child?

Of course, the practice is a serious matter, and it does take a lot of energy to watch yourself in speech, action, and thoughts. But when the child from within starts peeking out, you can realize that going back to the innocence of a child's mind actually help the spiritual person to relax, and to enjoy the life we have now. it also helps open up the investigator and curiosity of how we used to be as a child :)

So if you see a spiritual Guru having fun, you know they have seen their own inner child :)

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
As a religious or spiritual person, are you having fun?
Or maybe you are as I used to be, taking it way too serious all the time, and not finding the inner child?

Of course, the practice is a serious matter, and it does take a lot of energy to watch yourself in speech, action, and thoughts. But when the child from within starts peeking out, you can realize that going back to the innocence of a child's mind actually help the spiritual person to relax, and to enjoy the life we have now. it also helps open up the investigator and curiosity of how we used to be as a child :)

So if you see a spiritual Guru having fun, you know they have seen their own inner child :)
Spirituality can be fun at times. Why shouldn't it be?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I've been working on Navaratri decorations the last few days. Its fun. :)

I agree, overall. I find many aspects of my religious practices to be fun.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Paganism is absolutely fun. I have a Holy day every 6 to 7 weeks. And get to be in tune with the natural world and seasons around me. While simultaneously honoring the Gods, my Ancestors and the Spirits that are all around us.

And I'm fond of a good pagan joke too ;).
How many Druids does it take to screw in a light bulb?
They don't screw in light bulbs, they screw in stone circles.
:p :D

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Paganism is absolutely fun. I have a Holy day every 6 to 7 weeks. And get to be in tune with the natural world and seasons around me. While simultaneously honoring the Gods, my Ancestors and the Spirits that are all around us.

And I'm fond of a good pagan joke too ;).
How many Druids does it take to screw in a light bulb?
They don't screw in light bulbs, they screw in stone circles.
:p :D
How many sufis does it take......:p

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Two, a teacher to tell the student what to do...then the student answer the teacher...show me way first :D

images (3).jpeg

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Letting go of seriousness about one's religion may be one thing.
Finding one's inner child may be another.

What do you think? Have you seen your inner child?
What do they look like?

inner-child.jpeg

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Letting go of seriousness about one's religion may be one thing.
Finding one's inner child may be another.

What do you think? Have you seen your inner child?
What do they look like?

inner-child.jpeg
I can't say i seen it, but I feel it arising from within me. The change in my way of looking at my own life, the humor that has become more child like. I do not take my self very serious anymore, meaning, I can joke about my own being. And so on

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure my inner child and I ever separated.

When I was a child, I felt like an adult. I still feel like somewhat of an adult-child...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I can't say i seen it, but I feel it arising from within me. The change in my way of looking at my own life, the humor that has become more child like. I do not take my self very serious anymore, meaning, I can joke about my own being. And so on

I'm not sure but it made me think about the times I'm able to disconnect from my mind/body and sit back watching myself go about whatever it is I'm doing.
Maybe it's the disconnection from the immediate physical self that allows me to take an unbiased interest in the world around me along with some self amusement as I watch myself responding to it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm not sure but it made me think about the times I'm able to disconnect from my mind/body and sit back watching myself go about whatever it is I'm doing.
Maybe it's the disconnection from the immediate physical self that allows me to take an unbiased interest in the world around me along with some self amusement as I watch myself responding to it.
That do sound like one form of finding the inner child :)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member

That happens to me unexpectedly sometimes. Its weird. My size even feels different.