• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Livin' on a Prayer

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Seems like it was just a few months ago or something like that when he was on top of the rock n roll world. Not a few decades.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
As a Beatles fan, I was impressed with his rendition of "Here Comes the Sun," which he sang for President Biden's inauguration.

Viker

Häxan
Speaking of "Living on a Prayer," happy 61th birthday to Jon Bon Jovi (March 2, 1962).

I forgot to wish him a Happy Birthday in my thread

So, Happy Birthday, in somebody else's thread, old dude.

Crap, he's only barely 8 years older than me. :p

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I forgot to wish him a Happy Birthday in my thread

So, Happy Birthday, in somebody else's thread, old dude.

Crap, he's only barely 8 years older than me. :p

I wouldn't call myself a Bon Jovi fan, but I like some of their earlier songs from the 1980s. I wouldn't have known it was Jon Bon Jovi's birthday if it hadn't been for another Beatles fan mentioning it in one of the Beatles fan groups I'm a member of on Facebook.

Viker

Häxan
I wouldn't call myself a Bon Jovi fan, but I like some of their earlier songs. I wouldn't have known it was Jon Bon Jovi's birthday if it hadn't been for another Beatles fan mentioning it in one of the Beatles fan groups I'm a member of on Facebook. I prefer the Beatles.
I never hated on Bon Jovi back in the day (Poison, yes). They weren't my cup of tea in the mid/late 80s, they weren't extreme enough for me. But at least they were talented. I preferred harder, heavier, often faster and louder back then.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I never hated on Bon Jovi back in the day (Poison, yes). They weren't my cup of tea in the mid/late 80s, they weren't extreme enough for me. But at least they were talented. I preferred harder, heavier, often faster and louder back then.

Bon Jovi and other similar rock bands were not my cup of tea either. I listened to a lot of oldies before discovering the Beatles when I was 13 years old. I preferred oldies to current rock music, but my focus shifted to the Beatles after I discovered them. As I've shared before, listening to their music provided me with a comforting escape from the living hell I was trapped in growing up in a Christian home, and their music quickly became a refuge for me. Listening to their music was very therapeutic for me, and it helped calm my fears and gave me a glimmer of happiness for a short time, at least until I had to go back out and face the hellhole I was living in at the time. I can honestly say without a doubt that listening to their music literally saved my life when I was a teenager and young adult.

Viker

Häxan
Bon Jovi and other similar rock bands were not my cup of tea either. I listened to a lot of oldies before discovering the Beatles when I was 13 years old. I preferred oldies to current rock music, but my focus shifted to the Beatles after I discovered them. As I've said before, listening to their music provided me with a comforting escape from the living hell I was trapped in growing up in a Christian home, and their music quickly became a refuge for me. Listening to their music was very therapeutic for me, and it helped calm my fears and gave me a glimmer of happiness for a short time, at least until I had to go back out and face the hellhole I was living in at the time. I can say without a doubt that listening to their music literally saved my life when I was a teenager and young adult.
I think I had a lot of rage. Most of my music was angry and/or aggressive. :p

But I listened to just whatever. Kind of like now. It's strange how messed up kids turn out having different tastes, styles and beliefs. Underneath the surface everyone of us is the same.