• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Listening to the heart

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm told God speaks to the heart, not the ears. How do I listen to my heart? How do I know if something came from the heart?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I'm told God speaks to the heart, not the ears. How do I listen to my heart? How do I know if something came from the heart?

In my experience, "god" (however defined for conversation) speaks through your actions, thoughts, feelings, hunches, second thoughts, dreams, and relationship with other people as well as self.

Thats basically what the "heart" is. I hear my grandmothers speak in my ears sometimes. One time years ago, one spirit shouted STOP!.

Observation, listening (not hearing), patience, reflection, and using your passion to center yourself.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
In my experience, "god" (however defined for conversation) speaks through your actions, thoughts, feelings, hunches, second thoughts, dreams, and relationship with other people as well as self.

Thats basically what the "heart" is. I hear my grandmothers speak in my ears sometimes. One time years ago, one spirit shouted STOP!.

Observation, listening (not hearing), patience, reflection, and using your passion to center yourself.
That's awesome that you hear your grandma speak to you audibly. Few people have that gift :(