• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liklihood and Believability

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
These are some thoughts that have been running through my head that I would like to share with you folks to hear your responding thoughts.

I think all religious texts deserve the same level of skepticism. To do otherwise would give one an unfair advantage.
If all other stories throughout history involving gods, miracles and predictions of the afterlife are highly unlikely to be true (so unlikely you can safely say they are not true), then how likely are the same subjects in, for example, the Bible to be true?

I say the Bible because it is the one I am faced with the most, but any other religious text could take its place here.

If the Bible turns out to be likely to be true, would that not raise the likelihood of all the other religions and mythologies being true?
Obviously people come to different conclusions. So which do you think is most likely,
1. Only one is true and all others are wrong,
2. All are true to some degree, or
3. None of them are true?