• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Light versus Dark

Aberran

Why do Christians disdain the darkness... when it is the angel of light that is the source of evil... And all sorts of evil acts go on under the sun

Just a question because my faith believes darkness conceals the mystery of God, all that is just and right and our individual souls as well

I am curious to find an explaination for the dark versus light conflict

t3gah

Aberran said:
Why do Christians disdain the darkness... when it is the angel of light that is the source of evil... And all sorts of evil acts go on under the sun

Just a question because my faith believes darkness conceals the mystery of God, all that is just and right and our individual souls as well

I am curious to find an explaination for the dark versus light conflict
It's a scripture in the bible. It compares Satan's world to darkness and Jesus' world to the light.

may

Jehovah conveys spiritual light primarily through his inspired Word, the Bible.

Jesus is closely identified with spiritual light. Indeed, he spoke of himself as "the light of the world" and said: "He that follows me will by no means walk in darkness, but will possess the light of life." (John 8:12) This expression helps us to understand the central role Jesus has in conveying Jehovah’s truth to mankind. If we are to avoid the darkness and walk in God’s light, we must listen to all that Jesus says and follow closely his example and teachings as recorded in the Bible.