• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life skills

Leo613

Being brought up Jewish orthodox there were no tv radio newspaper and no secular education, so I'm still struggling at 44 years.

So for example it must sound strange to hear but is it acceptable to expect a one night stand?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Being brought up Jewish orthodox there were no tv radio newspaper and no secular education, so I'm still struggling at 44 years.

So for example it must sound strange to hear but is it acceptable to expect a one night stand?

Expect? Hmmm...not quite sure what you mean.
It's kinda a personal thing I guess. I have friends who have had a tonne of them, and others who have had exactly zero. For most of them it comes down to how they live their lives and what they want to do, more than anything else.

Leo613

Expect? Hmmm...not quite sure what you mean.
It's kinda a personal thing I guess. I have friends who have had a tonne of them, and others who have had exactly zero. For most of them it comes down to how they live their lives and what they want to do, more than anything else.
Was wondering if its ok to think it's ok when I'm out on the town?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
...is it acceptable to expect a one night stand?

As a practical matter, relatively few people are likely to consent to having sex with you if they know you are opposed to seeing them again afterwards -- although some people have no problem with that. All else being equal, I think as long as you do not deceive your partner about your expectation of a one night stand, expecting a one night stand is ok.

It's a very good idea to use a condom in order to lessen the chances of contracting a sexually transmitted disease (STD). It's also a very good idea not to proceed to have sex with someone who shows any possible symptoms of having a STD.

As far as I can see, the ethics for a one night stand are pretty much the same as the ethics for a longer relationship. It should (1) be consensual, (2) you should try to leave your partner as well off or better than when you found her, and (3) you have no business being with someone you do not respect.

Consensual one night stands between heterosexual couples are comparatively rare, but I have a friend who says the best sex he ever had in his life was a one night stand -- so they can at least be pleasurable at times.