• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life for US soldier over Iraq rape

Sahar

A former US soldier has been sentenced to life in jail for the gang rape and murder of an Iraqi girl and the killing of her family members.
Steven Dale Green was sentenced on Friday, nearly four months after he was convicted of the rape and murder of 14-year-old Abeer al-Janabi and the killing of her mother, father and six-year-old sister in Baghdad in 2006.
Al Jazeera English - Americas - Life for US soldier over Iraq rape

It burns me everytime the news remind me of this...what can I call it?!

He and his gang should be executed.

freethinker44

I agree completely. This type of activity totally validates the middle eastern opinion of the US puts a burden on any kind of progress being made. I say export them to Iraq and let them be tried and jailed over there. I don't see why american citizens should pay for them to be comfortably housed in our prisons especially considering how horrible the crime is.

so let me get this straight
killing the family including a 6 year old
raping a 14 year old with not 1 but multiple people?

so why don't we have the death penalty again?

yes,it sets an example, and we have much more space underground then in prisons (and alot of people deserve to be in both)

ps
if killing a 6 year old raping a 14 year old and killing her parent doesn't get you the death penelty then what would?

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
It is my opinion that they should have been tried in the country they committed the crimes in ie Iraq. Then wear the punishment designated by that country, just the same as anyone else who commits a crime in another country. This was obviously a serious civil crime.

Cheers

Last edited: