• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Life beyond Death?

I would say conscious 'goes' to the same place that the 'vroom' from a V8 engine 'goes' when the engine is shut off.

Everything we know about consciousness tells us it is an effect of flesh and brain, the idea of it just 'happening' is incoherent on so many levels, and coherent on none.

As per 'ghosts' and the like..well there is certainly much more going on than man, in his relatively still primitive state can currently understand..yet to frame these events in a superstitious light both lacks imagination and utility. It leads nowhere.

I use to be a very big fan of the afterlife, I use to think all these sorts of things dealing with it like what it is and what is in it that I can enjoy. Now I'm Agnostic so I say there could be or there could not be. But lately I've been warming up to the idea that there is nothing beyond death, and the idea seems a lot more peaceful and nice then it did to be me months ago.