• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Liberal and Conservative Web Sites

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
What are some of your favorite liberal and conservative web sites?

I'll throw a few out there.
Liberal:
Talking Points Memo
Huffington Post
Crooks and Liars
Think Progress
Pharyngula

Conservative:
Red State
Drudge
Free Republic
New Majority
Breitbart

Others?

Smoke

Done here.
My favorite websites with a lot of political content are politico.com, Pam's House Blend, and Pharyngula.

I don't know of any conservative websites. As far as I can tell, all the real conservatives are dead. I don't spend much time reading Dittohead-Birther-Teabagger type sites, either, but I do keep an eye on the Traditional Values Coalition.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I haven't seen Pam's House Blend, but I'll definitely stop by for a quick cup of Joe.

I don't really read that much from the conservative sites, but I do keep an eye on them, to see what is being fomented when something important happens. Much like listening to Limbaugh, it is usually a festival of self congratulations when something like the Health Care Reform falls apart. Once in a while, I'll come across something that is worth reading.

What is the Traditional Values Coalition? Is it a website, or are you talking in general terms?

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Wow. Just - wow.

I visited the site, and I have to say that the use of the word "knowledge" in their motto is a gross misrepresentation.

In the left most column, about three items down, is the bolded headline:
The Homosexual Movement And Pedophilia

You have to give them credit for not letting knowledge stand in the way of a little bigotry.

God love 'em.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Looks like that site is on the cutting edge of high standards in truthiness.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Well said, Sunstone.

It looks like it is their destiny to quickly move to a leadership position within the ranks of the New Republican Party.

I'm sure it's a mantle they'll wear with pride.

gnomon

Well, these are neither but I really like them.

Reason
The Agitator

I check out the HuffPo from time to time as well.

Like Smoke I pay attention to those sites that I do not like or agree with. I just ran across the TVC a little while ago and regularly check on The Family Research Council and other right wing creeps. For the other side I check out DemocraticUnderground, Media Matters and similar sites to read some whining and moaning.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I find conservative sites like Red State to be pretty repetitious. It seems there aren't any big new ideas in the conservative world. Not since Reagan, maybe.