• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LHP & Satanism

Lehnah

Master of the Mystic Arts
From what I've read it seems that LHP and satanism goes hand in hand. However, I would like to ask if this is indeed the case; can someone be LHP without being satanic?

The reason I ask this is that I strongly believe in the power of the self, the ability that, through one's actions, you can make yourself better. For example, I feel that if I create an artwork or write an article/ story that even one person enjoys or is affected by then I had made the world a little better and, in turn, my personal power has grown a little.

However, I don't believe in Satan, or God for that matter. Rather I believe in a universal energy the 'powers' everything pretty much equally, although this could be called 'deity' as I do feel it has some level of conciousness.

So, in short, is LHP simply believing in personal power and a non-God deity or does one HAVE to be a Satanist and not believe in any kind of deity?

Thanks for any replies.

horizon_mj1

From what I've read it seems that LHP and satanism goes hand in hand. However, I would like to ask if this is indeed the case; can someone be LHP without being satanic?

The reason I ask this is that I strongly believe in the power of the self, the ability that, through one's actions, you can make yourself better. For example, I feel that if I create an artwork or write an article/ story that even one person enjoys or is affected by then I had made the world a little better and, in turn, my personal power has grown a little.

However, I don't believe in Satan, or God for that matter. Rather I believe in a universal energy the 'powers' everything pretty much equally, although this could be called 'deity' as I do feel it has some level of conciousness.

So, in short, is LHP simply believing in personal power and a non-God deity or does one HAVE to be a Satanist and not believe in any kind of deity?

Thanks for any replies.
I think the easies way to explain this is; LHP can be considered any "type" of religion that stands outside of societal conventional religions such as Catholic, all denominations of Christianity, all denominations of Islam, etc. A Satanist on the other hand (which I may add there are several religious concepts within) worship who by Christians Lucifer, Satan, Devil, The Morning Star, etc. I believe it would be safe to say that Satanism is rooted through Christianity being one of the few religions that believe in Satan.

Lehnah

So LHP is a pagan religion, as a pagan religion is anything that isn't Christian, Muslim or Judaism? So you could, theoretically, have a LHP wiccan? I don't believe in the Christian God at all, so that automatically cuts out Satan IMO.

horizon_mj1

So LHP is a pagan religion, as a pagan religion is anything that isn't Christian, Muslim or Judaism? So you could, theoretically, have a LHP wiccan? I don't believe in the Christian God at all, so that automatically cuts out Satan IMO.
That is my understanding yes, and includes Hoodoo, Voodoo, Druidism etc. I do not believe in a Divine being as Christians and so many others call God (It is much more complex than what simpiltons try to make as understandable as themselves) or the conventional Satan. I do however believe in Divinity and that as people we should try to perfect ourselves to the best of our abilities. To me the defenition of Divine is absolute truth, fact, knowledge and continually seeking Divinity within ourselves.

Lehnah

That is a nice thought on the Divine there, Horizon. For myself, I think of the Divine as kind of universal power, both light and dark, merciful and vengeful, that has an consciousness above any kind we know or understand. And, honestly, I'm not sure if I WANT to understand it, I quite like simply listening to it.

horizon_mj1

That is a nice thought on the Divine there, Horizon. For myself, I think of the Divine as kind of universal power, both light and dark, merciful and vengeful, that has an consciousness above any kind we know or understand. And, honestly, I'm not sure if I WANT to understand it, I quite like simply listening to it.
That is a beautiful explanation IMO. The way I view understanding, you have to put two things aside first; the answers may not be what you want them to be and concept does not exist. I find this allows one to see things from a different vantage, allowing for a non-bias answers (amazingly, finding facts on what some claim has no factual basis, becomes simplistic to an extent). Listening is one of the most important things to do IMO, but don't forget allowing all of your senses to "tune-in" opens doors that you may not have even known existed.

Orias

Left Hand Path
can someone be LHP without being satanic?

Of course!

I recommend speaking to Adramelek, he possess a great deal of perception about the properties of Set.

LHP is about the power of the Self, in "fact", Xeper is a term that very few of us around here use.

The following is a paper my Dark Brother wrote...

Black Magic= The Art of altering or disrupting the equilibrium of the subjective universe in order to produce a proportionate change in the equilibrium of the objective universe; occurring in lesser and greater ways in accordance with the Desire and Will of the Black Magician.

I. Xeper
In the Hermetic Magical tradition the ancient Egyptian god Set is the Archon of this Aeon, and the primary Word or Law which governs and energizes the Aeon of Set is the Egyptian verb Xeper= "To Evolve" or "To Become" or "I Am Come Into Being". Xeper is that moment in which one enters into a new, higher state of being. It is the establishment of a higher mode in ones metaphysical existence, the extension of the horizon in the realm of ones psyche centric evolution.

Xeper is accompanied with new understandings and insights that emerge from deep within the Self; the knowledge was already there, it simply has been brought to the surface through the catalyst of Xeper. Sometimes Xeper is almost akin to being struck by a bolt of energy or like the dawning of a new day of re-Birth.

As I see it, we each have deep within the Naos (spiritual center) of the soul/Ba an individual hidden or Dark Truth. This is the province of the Neter Ma'at, and is the essence of our Thelema= "True Will". It is through the exploration and exercise of the GBM Principle of Xeper that one uncovers, cultivates, and ultimately becomes the embodiment of the Truth of his own Being. Thus, transforming one's Self into a potent, immortal, Set-like force of mind and will within the Universe. This is the premise of Setamorphosis and is the great Work of Initiation and Life.

Setianism, therefore, is a religion and philosophy of Life, and seeks to cultivate and advance the life-force of the Black Flame and its divine origin - the Prince of Darkness. He/It who is the First Principle and the supreme manifestation of isolate self-centered intellect within the Macrocosmos, and the primordial source of metaphysical being and isolate self-centered intellect within the microcosm/humanity.

Ah yes, I do possess a Satanic background but have found that I also fit in with the Pantheistic and Panentheistic positions.

I find it hard to believe in supernatural dispositions.

"God" doesn't have to be entitative nor supernatural.

Deistically speaking, the etymology of the word "God" comes from the Sanskrit language 15,000 years ago.

The word "Hu", is to mean "to implore, to invoke, to call upon".

To follow the Path of the Left, One must simply consider themselves as a position of Power ;)

I would also like to note, that the word "Satan" is more symbolic than anything, and comes from the early Hebrew and Arabic terms, "Ha-Satan", and "Shaitan". Literally, "Satan" means Opposition, or Adversary.

Personally I view all things as being "Satanic" for all things Oppose each other in the view that everything constitutes its own existence.

The highest law of Life is Self Preservation, so let it pour ;)

Dig around in the LHP DIR and I guarentee that you will find a large amount of informative and in depth Workings of our fellow brothers and sisters.

Xeper and best regards

Last edited:

Jacksnyte

Reverend
I think the easies way to explain this is; LHP can be considered any "type" of religion that stands outside of societal conventional religions such as Catholic, all denominations of Christianity, all denominations of Islam, etc. A Satanist on the other hand (which I may add there are several religious concepts within) worship who by Christians Lucifer, Satan, Devil, The Morning Star, etc. I believe it would be safe to say that Satanism is rooted through Christianity being one of the few religions that believe in Satan.
Um.....no, Satanism is in most cases not reverse Christianity.

Jacksnyte

Reverend

I would recommend reading some of Diane Veras writing on the subject before deciding what Satanism is all about.
This is a LHP DIR, and I would think you would get clearer info on the subject from one of us.