• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LHP Meditation

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
I've been recently developing an interest on applying Meditation techniques concerning the Deification of the self, by emulating the dark gods such as Odin, Set, you name it. I have personally done short meditations before ritual's in order to clear my mind before I'd start the rituals. But I was never to big on meditating, but recently its been on my mind on trying out Meditation techniques related to the Left Hand Path of that deification upon the self. I understand a few of you on here incorporate meditation techniques on the Left Hand Path. I am not to big on doing ritual nowadays, currently I am more of a studier of philosophy by trying to apply it on the Left Hand Path. I've always regarded understanding philosophy to be key in developing the intellect on the path. But lately I've been feeling that I want more to get out of the Left Hand Path. What Meditation advice can some of you give me concerning the Left Hand Path? (As in visualizations etc.)

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Mindfulness immersed in the body: is a way trigger jhanas and develop the siddhis of the mind.

Sit upright with your spine erect and watch your breathing. Become aware of the base of your spine, build heat there, watching any emotions that might arise, acknowledge them, and watch them pass. Focus on the soles of your feet, building heat there, watching any emotions that might arise, and watch the emotions pass. Move on to the tops of your feet, and do the same. Move on to your ankles, and do the same. Move on to your calves, knees, thighs, hips, then to the base of your spine. (You might experience a Jhana during the process. Watch the bliss arise, acknowledge it, then watch it pass.) Then you can start moving your awareness up your spine in the same manner, building heat, watching emotions rise and fall. You can continue up to the crown of your head if you like, then bring it back to the heart or to the base of the spine. Know thyself. You might be surprised.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
I've been recently developing an interest on applying Meditation techniques concerning the Deification of the self, by emulating the dark gods such as Odin, Set, you name it. I have personally done short meditations before ritual's in order to clear my mind before I'd start the rituals. But I was never to big on meditating, but recently its been on my mind on trying out Meditation techniques related to the Left Hand Path of that deification upon the self. I understand a few of you on here incorporate meditation techniques on the Left Hand Path. I am not to big on doing ritual nowadays, currently I am more of a studier of philosophy by trying to apply it on the Left Hand Path. I've always regarded understanding philosophy to be key in developing the intellect on the path. But lately I've been feeling that I want more to get out of the Left Hand Path. What Meditation advice can some of you give me concerning the Left Hand Path? (As in visualizations etc.)
What are you wanting to get out of a meditation practice?

crossfire

Premium Member
Indeed, what do you want from it? I only described the sitting exercises from the linked sutta, which will trigger jhanas and awareness. (I spent two years doing such meditation to gain insight into the nature of PMS.)

The moving meditations described in the sutta will trigger lucid dreams.
I would start with the breathing, then to the sitting meditation described above, and then move on to the moving meditations.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member

An improvement upon the self, as in kindv'e making the self more aware through these beings characteristics. I've been thinking about trying to figure out a way of visualizing the self being isolated from the OU within his own SU. I've been trying to brainstorm ways on visualizing yourself to be in the bodies of Set or Odin, visualizing as to what they represent and do, similarly within their mythological stories, while visualizing being inside their bodies.

I've been having thoughts about trying to figure out a way to isolate the self, to gain a better understanding of the self and also connecting more with these beings/archetypes, by connecting I am not implying submission.

It's hard to explain, when you study the mythologies you feel connected with those mythologies and you want to try and figure out a way to connect more with them, as "it speaks the language of the soul." When I read up on the mythologies and these beings/archetypes its always come to my mind on inviting them. Not to go off subject, I have read a little bit about Jungs concepts of the collective unconscious and how these archetypes are that reflection of the self, as well as having a little understanding of the shadow. I basically want to find a way to invite that shadow self through meditation with these beings or archetypes, instead of repressing it. (Carl Jung is on my future reading list)

That feeling is strong, it's hard to explain. But I feel that by incorporating meditational practices it would somehow also strengthen the self and it's awareness within the OU as well as somehow embracing these strong feelings I have with these beings/archetypes. I want to find a way to improve myself more. When I got into the Left Hand Path, it has taken me a long time to throw out the indoctrination's of what Iv'e been told etc. I feel that I have to a large extent improved, however I feel as if their are a small portion of it inside to that extent. And I feel that by applying meditational practice it could get rid of these small portions and also unlock the true self more/a more understanding of that true self.

crossfire

Premium Member
An improvement upon the self, as in kindv'e making the self more aware through these beings characteristics. I've been thinking about trying to figure out a way of visualizing the self being isolated from the OU within his own SU. I've been trying to brainstorm ways on visualizing yourself to be in the bodies of Set or Odin, visualizing as to what they represent and do, similarly within their mythological stories, while visualizing being inside their bodies.

I've been having thoughts about trying to figure out a way to isolate the self, to gain a better understanding of the self and also connecting more with these beings/archetypes, by connecting I am not implying submission.

It's hard to explain, when you study the mythologies you feel connected with those mythologies and you want to try and figure out a way to connect more with them, as "it speaks the language of the soul." When I read up on the mythologies and these beings/archetypes its always come to my mind on inviting them. Not to go off subject, I have read a little bit about Jungs concepts of the collective unconscious and how these archetypes are that reflection of the self, as well as having a little understanding of the shadow. I basically want to find a way to invite that shadow self through meditation with these beings or archetypes, instead of repressing it. (Carl Jung is on my future reading list)

That feeling is strong, it's hard to explain. But I feel that by incorporating meditational practices it would somehow also strengthen the self and it's awareness within the OU as well as somehow embracing these strong feelings I have with these beings/archetypes. I want to find a way to improve myself more. When I got into the Left Hand Path, it has taken me a long time to throw out the indoctrination's of what Iv'e been told etc. I feel that I have to a large extent improved, however I feel as if their are a small portion of it inside to that extent. And I feel that by applying meditational practice it could get rid of these small portions and also unlock the true self more/a more understanding of that true self.
Bring the Self into the body.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس

If I understand you correctly, you seek to temporarily transfer your human consciousness into a selected archetype so that you might see through its eyes, breath through its mouth, feel what it feels, your heart beats with its heart, essentially live through it momentarily.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس

Invocation
By Don Webb

“Give a man a mask and he’ll tell you the truth.” Oscar Wilde

Invocation can be viewed in four ways – two for the Right Hand Path, two for the left. In the Right-Hand Path, Invocation is part of the supreme process of achieving union with a god or goddess. It can be either a ceremonial process of calling the god into yourself after you’ve cleaned room (by fasting, good deeds, chastity, reading scripture etc.), or it can be done without ritual – by simply living the life the god likes, he comes to dwell in you.

In the Left Hand Path where the goal is not union with a god, there are likewise two approaches. If you presume the gods to have ontological being (that is they’re real even if you’re not thinking about them), you can follow the Path of the Friend. You’re inviting them to watch your deeds, you are focusing their consciousness on something you think they would find pleasing – much like sharing a YouTube video with a pal. Now if they choose to act in this situation by nudging you with advice depends on your ability to Hear and their Wish to speak. Would you call up the leader of your country to talk about a trip to MacDonalds?

The other (and more popular) modern Left Hand Path practitioners view invocation is the Art of the Mask, alluded to by Mr. Wilde. When I was young and shy I worked at a Renaissance Festival – as soon as I had my costume on, my shyness went away. I could approach women, challenge men to duals and shamelessly steal food from park goers. And amazingly they loved this – where if I had done this without the costume I would have quickly wound up beaten or imprisoned. Putting on the mask of god has a stronger effect than a park entertainer – if one allows oneself to Play hard.

Firstly as a magickian you can invoke any one – Tezcatlipoca, Poseidon, Cthulhu, Brigit. Many folks use a cookbook approach – “Hmm tonight I feel Celtic! “ -- picking gods as one might select an app for a cellphone. That’s OK for practical magic – as always magic works by the passion and precision of the operator. At first this practice can teach tons about the use of belief as a tool It can teach symbolic-logic as well. But for the serious magician who has gone beyond the “fun with magick” phase and wants to change herself, more focus is needed. Pick a god or goddess that illustrates the struggle you have.

This is very different than prayer. Prayer is getting someone else to do the work for you. Prayer, which is the strongest for of Right Hand Path Magick, is surrendering to another. Hey Jebus I can’t handle this, would ya take over? It erodes responsibility – and tears down the sense of self. Invocation allows you to act – even if bolstered by props to your imagination.

INVOCATION (Six Parts)

1. Prepare yourself. Fill your body and senses with things that associate with the god.
2. Address the god in the third person. (i.e. Bes, killer of snakes, protector of childbirth, the island of Ibiza still bears thy name, your smiling visage graced many of a dancing girl's thigh.) This directs your intention into a specific channel. This shows scholarship you have researched the god.
3. Address the god in the second person. (i.e. Bes, with your head of a lion and the dick of a donkey, make all bad things flee, you were the god that brought good-luck to the household) This represents the notion 'To Will', you are creating meaning in a personal manner. Not about scholarship, this is your Will creating something.
4. Address the god in the first person. (i.e. I am Bes, the Lord of Luck, Slayer of Demons, Protector of Pleasure.)
5. Working. You are the god now. This is 'To Dare', you've changed the rules of the cosmos. If you did well, things will be different.
6. Closing. Don't just let this mood fade. Reintegrate these forces within you (Bæytl of Self) i.e. Cannibal Hymn of King Unas: 'I am the maker of gods. My kind gained this Gift, but forgot it, mistaking the hidden parts of themselves for the Other. I eat this god. He is my food, living on in my belly as my Heka.
Study Kasmir Shaivism and learn how to attain the transcendental state of Shiva Consciousness. Then replace Shiva with your chosen archetype.
Watch the several excellent videos by Thomas LeRoy about Shiva and the LHP
Join the Sect of the Horned God and make your way through the degrees to my Order of Iblis and Thomas' Order of Shiva
Read Crowley's Liber Samekh (Attainment of the Knowledge and Conversation of Your Holy Guardian Angel)
Learn the Headless Ritual and Invoke often!

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member
If I understand you correctly, you seek to temporarily transfer your human consciousness into a selected archetype so that you might see through its eyes, breath through its mouth, feel what it feels, your heart beats with its heart, essentially live through it momentarily.
Yes you are correct.

BrotherAlameen

CHFI | CompTIA | Cyber-Sec | OSINT | Medical |
You could try meditating with Demonic Enns and gazing at Sigils to help manifest your desires and outcomes. It’s a good way to start things up again a little.