• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's try to understand those people who are trying to change the game

Faithofchristian

Let’s play a game called “Let’s not condemn those people, let’s try to understand those people”. And, If I’m at fault, then please let me know because I’m just a player like you. For the purposes of this question, feel free to substitute the word "game" with "religion" or ”sport” if that better suits your perspective on things. I ask this question because as a believer, I'm aware that there are people who are not part of Islam who are trying reform Islamic religion.

So why exactly are they trying to change the game? Well, some theorists believe that humans by nature are selfish. We don't do things to be nice; we do things because it serves some sort of selfish need - even if that is to make us feel good about ourselves.

Imagine if someone wants to change to lengths and the width of the field of your favorite sport. If they do succeed at changing it then it would be a completely different sport, right? Not only a different sport but a different name. So basically, according to this theory, they are not trying to change the game, they are trying to kill the game, because it serves some sort of selfish need. It could mean that the reason why people are trying to reform or change the game is because they don’t know how to play, afraid to play and they want to feel like winners.

So, according to this theory, the reason why people are trying to change religions like Islam is for selfish needs. And, they will always will try to change the game because it will never be good enough for them because they don’t know how to play the game or how to be competitive.

The one thing, you didn't make no mention of, in what way are people trying to change Islam, for the good or for the bad.

Has I have the Q'uran, so according to the Q'uran, in what way are people trying to change the game of Islam ?