• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's talk about Hell

look3467

Premium Member
50 pages of much ado abut nothing.:facepalm:

You guys are arguing over a hateful medieval MYTH.
There is less truth in this collection of absurdities than there is in the Iliad.
You got a god? Bring it around for a chat.
Absent that you got NOTING. Just ink stains that have dried on some line. You have NO testable verifiable objective evidence of any of this crap.

Gezz, what a waste of otherwise useful bandwidth.:(

If so, what are you doing here?

Blessings, AJ

look3467

Premium Member
No -I don't see that application of it because that's not what it is talking about.

Most anything is analogous to something else, but spiritualizing away the actual meaning of what is written is not good. It might be similar to what you are saying, but has nothing to do with what you are saying.

By saying spiritualizing, the tendency is to dismiss it as nothing.

But, I can tell you that the parables Jesus gave all had a spiritual message that unless God reveals it, there is simply no understanding of them.

Luk 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

So understing of spiritual things are only understood in spirit.

Blessings, AJ

hansolooo

tolerant

But, I can tell you that the parables Jesus gave all had a spiritual message that unless God reveals it, there is simply no understanding of them.

Luk 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Blessings, AJ

...and how exactly are you "in spirit"? Explain.

look3467

Premium Member
...and how exactly are you "in spirit"? Explain.

"In Spirit" is being born again in the spirit of God, that makes me a child of the kingdom.
As a child of the kingdom, He gives me access to understanding commensurate with my ability to understand, via life's experience, studies, desired interest in Him.

That goes for anyone else as well.

Blessings, AJ

Etritonakin

Blessings, AJ

I'm saying that you have dismissed what the scriptures actually say -and mean.

It is not of God's spirit to say the scriptures don't mean what they say.

It IS of God's spirit to know that they do.

REVELATION IS NOT ABOUT WHAT HAD HAPPENED SO MUCH AS WHAT WOULD YET HAPPEN -AS IT PLAINLY STATES....
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

There is plenty of evidence which places its writing as after Christ's death -despite claims to the contrary.

There is some symbolism in Revelation, but there are also quite plain statements which many tend to make meaningless.

There are many uses of the phrases "in spirit" and "in the spirit" in the bible, but, as it relates to understanding the things of God -it means that God -by his own holy spirit -gives understanding to a man not otherwise available.

As it relates to the book of Revelation, it means that John's mind was present where his body was not -he was shown things which were yet future -and in places he was not bodily present. John's body remained on the island of Patmos while his mind was essentially transported -somewhat similar to a waking dream.

Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

(ALSO: Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns
Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,)

Some believe the "Lord's Day" above means sunday... as in...
THE COUNCIL OF LAODICEA IN PHRYGIA PACATIANA 364 A.D.
CANON XXIX.​
CHRISTIANS must not judaize by resting on the Sabbath, but must work on that day, rather honouring the Lord's Day; and, if they can, resting then as Christians. But if any shall be found to be judaizers, let them be anathema from Christ.​

...but it actually refers to the "day of the lord" -also called the "great and dreadful day of the Lord" -of which it is written...
Amo 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.

Its end will be very good -but before that...

Isa 13:9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
Isa 13:10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
Isa 13:11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
Isa 13:12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.
Isa 13:13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

Also notice in Revelation -speaking of that day and Christ -already pierced....
Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

This refers to the return of Christ in power and glory...

Isa 40:5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

It will not be pleasant at first!

Joe 1:15 Alas for the day! for the day of the LORD is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

The following description is 100 percent real and literal -

Joe 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;
Joe 2:2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations.
Joe 2:3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them. \
Joe 2:4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.
Joe 2:5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.
Joe 2:6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.
Joe 2:7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:
Joe 2:8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.
Joe 2:9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.
Joe 2:10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:
Joe 2:11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?
Joe 2:12 Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning:
Joe 2:13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil.

These things will literally happen -
Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Strange things are already happening (which the real M.I.B.'s of the world don't like to make common knowledge) which will eventually cause the armies of the earth (what is left of them after the "great tribulation") to be gathered to the valley of Megiddo to fight each other -who will then turn to fight Christ when he returns.

Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Last edited:

look3467

Premium Member
I'm saying that you have dismissed what the scriptures actually say -and mean.>>>Etritonakin

Well, lets look and see what some scriptures say, and you tell me if the words mean what they define.
Psa 48:1 <A Song and Psalm for the sons of Korah.> Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.
What mountain is it talking about?

Psa 77:16 The waters saw thee, O God, the waters saw thee; they were afraid: the depths also were troubled.

If words mean what they are, what eyes have the waters? And can the waters be afraid?

You see, this is just a few, but there are many in the whole of the bible which have words that have a spiritual meaning.

There is plenty of evidence which places its writing as after Christ's death -despite claims to the contrary.

Yes, the writing were definitely after Christ's death, that is the new Testament.

What does it say about John: Eze 3:12 Then the spirit took me up, and I heard behind me a voice of a great rushing, saying, Blessed be the glory of the LORD from his place.

"Behind me" here is taking John back to the Day of the Lord.

The Day of the Lord was not the Sabbath, but the day Jesus died on the cross, that was His day.

So, that is giving reference to back to the day of the Lord to where John now saw all that had transpired.

Ref: Eze 3:12 Then the spirit took me up, and I heard behind me a voice of a great rushing, saying, Blessed be the glory of the LORD from his place.

There is some symbolism in Revelation, but there are also quite plain statements which many tend to make meaningless.

"Tend to make meaningless"? Yes, there is plenty of symbolism but all with a purpose.

Take for instance this verse: Rev 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Four beast is looking at the day of the Lord in four six hour periods.

What is your view on that verse?

There are many uses of the phrases "in spirit" and "in the spirit" in the bible, but, as it relates to understanding the things of God -it means that God -by his own holy spirit -gives understanding to a man not otherwise available.

Same as I said, but in different words.

Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns
Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,)

Note the past tense of the underlined words?

Holy Jerusalem has already descended as Jesus.

Blessings, AJ

outhouse

Atheistically
I was just wondering if anyone has learned anything yet?

Yes ive learned very few people read the bible properly

Those that do interpret it for there own needs.

Hell did not start out hell in the bible,

Its started out sheol, hades and gehenna

sheol means grave, so the first use in the bible was that of when you die you go to the grave.

hades myth was borrowed by hebrews and its the god of underworld but again used as a term for grave.

This is where fiery hell starts with the place "gehenna"

there was a grabage pit outside of the city and the fires were said to burn 24/7 and those who died in sin were said to be burned there in "gehenna".

after gehenna the term hell is used with all its torment.

Hell is fiction, thats what you should have all learned. its easy to see its progression in fiction if you know the bible

Last edited: