• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let's see if I've got this correct then...

Sanguine

Okay - the church I have recently started to attend is a worldwide, yet fairly small, organisation known as Metropolitan Community Church, or MCC. "We are part of an international denomination which is the largest lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgendered organisation in the world with around 42,000 members in over 250 congregations across 23 countries." is what is cited to us from the website.
My problem is that with very little religious experience, I find the whole aspect of where my church fits in with Christianity as a whole very confusing.
Yes, community is placed at high importance, as the name shows, as is fellowship, but yet we combine different aspects of seperate Christian faiths within our church; we take Holy Communion, we practice full immersion baptism... to me it's all a bit of a guess as to what's happening next, as last Sunday, 3rd September, I attended my first church service ever. I have been brought up knowing I am a Christian, despite doubting my faith, and yet never attended a church service.
All I'd really like to know is how different aspects of worship from different areas of Christianity can be combined, and where some of the more obvious clashes are so I don't make any sort of faux pas in the coming Sundays!