• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Let’s Return to the Fundamental Truth

Treasure Hunter

The tower didn't collapse in the story, though. :wink:
If it’s like Jesus said, if the temple collapses, where God lives, then the towers we attempt to build to heaven will collapse too.

Building is part of the story though. We have to build so the stone rejected by the builders, the cornerstone, can be identified. The kingdom built on the cornerstone won’t fall.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
If it’s like Jesus said, if the temple collapses, where God lives, then the towers we attempt to build to heaven will collapse too.

Building is part of the story though. We have to build so the stone rejected by the builders, the cornerstone, can be identified. The kingdom built on the cornerstone won’t fall.

Sure.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
There is activity on this forum but much of it seems unproductive and meaningless in the bigger picture, so let’s start back from the beginning.

The beginning of wisdom is the fear of God.

To act or not to act. The default human state of mind is to be at ease, to be in the center of our comfort zone. It’s not until we get jolted and stung by a painful reality check do we reconsider our default state, and nobody changes at this fundamental level after the first handful of reality checks.

It’s easy to understand why we want to stay in the middle of the comfort zone, but the desire to deviate from this comes after the exasperation and frustration of getting smacked by reality with your guard down over and over. So we remember the pain, and we hold the memory in the back of our mind. This scoots us out of the middle and toward the edge of the comfort zone.

This is what it means to fear God. Our first direct experience of God is through getting smacked by reality checks. The message is “Wake up, this world is not paradise yet!” It primes us for action.

You can call this message the first moral truth and beginning of wisdom. When you get stuck, retrace back to here, remind yourself of this truth, and make sure you haven’t slid back to the middle of the comfort zone.
You appear to be stuck in Plato's Cave afraid of the light.

Fear immobilizes and urges one to not think out of the box..

Treasure Hunter

You appear to be stuck in Plato's Cave afraid of the light.

Fear immobilizes.
No, addiction to the middle of the comfort zone immobilizes. These are the people staring at the shadows on the wall.

The fear of God I’m speaking to is the fear of inaction. Did you read the entire post?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
No, addiction to the middle of the comfort zone immobilizes. These are the people staring at the shadows on the wall.

The fear of God I’m speaking to is the fear of inaction. Did you read the entire post?
Both fear and desire for comfort immobilizes.

You can hide in the box because of fear, or remain in the box seeking seeking comfort.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
You’re speaking as if fear ONLY immobilizes. Fear also awakens, which is what this thread is about.
I do not believe fear awakens. All the ancient religions that consider "Fear" of God is motivation believes their way is the only way, and the "Fear" is a motivation not to seek beyond what they are told to believe is the only 'Truth.' Stay in the box (cave).

Those that seek comfort stay in their box (cave) out of apathy.

Treasure Hunter

I do not believe fear awakens. All the ancient religions that consider "Fear" of God is motivation believes their way is the only way, and the "Fear" is a motivation not to seek beyond what they are told to believe is the only 'Truth.' Stay in the box (cave).

Fear of inaction awakens. It is easily testable and observable — you can imagine it right now — unless you are in some serious denial.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Fear of inaction awakens. It is easily testable and observable — you can imagine it right now — unless you are in some serious denial.
Yeah I can seriously immagin "Fear" as a motivating force, but it remains by experience in the real world..

Your description of the motiviation of "Fear" of God is nothing new.

Treasure Hunter

Yeah I can seriously immagin "Fear" as a motivating force, but it remains by experience in the real world..

Your description of the motiviation of "Fear" of God is nothing new.

It seems that you’re wanting to dismiss what I’m saying through guilt by association, denial, and misrepresentation. This is not truth seeking. It’s not good.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It seems that you’re wanting to dismiss what I’m saying through guilt by association, denial, and misrepresentation. This is not truth seeking. It’s not good.
I do not believe your conclusion concerning the role of "Fear" and God.

I believe "Fear" inhibits Truth seeking.

Okey you "Fear" God, than what? What do you find?

Treasure Hunter

This is the fundamental truth thread. There are many moral truths, which are not fundamental, where denying them is forgivable.

The undeniable truth which says fear of inaction awakens - to deny a fundamental truth like this, even after being called to reconsider, is a violation of the spirit of truth. It’s unforgivable, which means rational discussion is dead after this.

Treasure Hunter

This is the fundamental truth thread. There are many moral truths, which are not fundamental, where denying them is forgivable.

The undeniable truth which says fear of inaction awakens - to deny a fundamental truth like this, even after being called to reconsider, is a violation of the spirit of truth. It’s unforgivable, which means rational discussion is dead after this.
If anyone else is having the same trouble recognizing this fundamental truth, then that means you’re dangerously disconnected from your actual conscience. You’re dangerously disconnected from wisdom. Stop rationalizing; get out of your head and into your body until you get it. For your own sake and the sake of others around you.

Treasure Hunter

You can call this message the first moral truth and beginning of wisdom. When you get stuck, retrace back to here, remind yourself of this truth, and make sure you haven’t slid back to the middle of the comfort zone.
Reality checks must become your friend. Consider this a friendly check.