• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lessons from the ignorant

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If we can learn from ourselves-how to get rid of the ego, to find compassion from hate, and like why would it be any different than learning about ourselves and knowledge from others who are also fighting to get rid of ego and find compassion from hate and the like?

What is the difference between learning from our own egos and hatred to be kind people and learning from another's ego and hatred towards us as lesson(s) we can learn about ourselves?

If someone is rude to me, and if I want to treat others as I would ideally treat myself, than I would ask myself "I wonder what 'about' me made that other person tick?" It's natural in a sense to blame others for their actions against you insofar it's just saying that the other is responsible for his or her actions or speech. However so, I would assume (ideally) we could still learn about ourselves from others reactions by wondering how our true self or our personality (if we feel we are ourselves good at heart) made such a reaction.

If it did not, I wonder if that's our ego saying we are better than the person who is rude or, without blaming ourselves, we can find what we need to work on by observing the reaction and actions of others we speak with.

What is the difference between learning from our own egos and hatred to be kind people and learning from another's ego and hatred towards us as lesson(s) we can learn about ourselves?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If we can learn from ourselves-how to get rid of the ego, to find compassion from hate, and like why would it be any different than learning about ourselves and knowledge from others who are also fighting to get rid of ego and find compassion from hate and the like?

If someone is rude to me, and if I want to treat others as I would ideally treat myself, than I would ask myself "I wonder what 'about' me made that other person tick?" It's natural in a sense to blame others for their actions against you insofar it's just saying that the other is responsible for his or her actions or speech. However so, I would assume (ideally) we could still learn about ourselves from others reactions by wondering how our true self or our personality (if we feel we are ourselves good at heart) made such a reaction.

If it did not, I wonder if that's our ego saying we are better than the person who is rude or, without blaming ourselves, we can find what we need to work on by observing the reaction and actions of others we speak with.

To know one self is to understand the inner being:)
To know others ego and understand why they act, speak or think as they do, can help us check our own ego ( this is how it happens to me) i learn from everyone around me