• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Left or right?

Left or Right?

• Left

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Right

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters

ChrisP

Veteran Member
standing_alone said:
Psh! Just go move to Somalia! Then send a postcard and tell us what you think of anarchy.
Would you like the RPG postcard or the panorama of the shantytowns? Anarchy isn't chaos :p

standing_alone

ChrisP said:
Would you like the RPG postcard or the panorama of the shantytowns? Anarchy isn't chaos :p

I know, it's the lack of government. It depends on which "brand" of anarchy you ascribe to. There's libertarian anarchy and anarcho-communism, blah blah blah...

ChrisP

Veteran Member
standing_alone said:
I know, it's the lack of government. It depends on which "brand" of anarchy you ascribe to. There's libertarian anarchy and anarcho-communism, blah blah blah...
I ascribe to the kind that doesn't bother defining itself :)

Ciscokid

I'm a few notches to the left of Archie Bunker. My mother is one notch to the left of Archie Bunker but my Father is moderate conservative. I ended up a little mix of the two.

c0da

I'm a few notches to the left of Archie Bunker. My mother is one notch to the left of Archie Bunker but my Father is moderate conservative. I ended up a little mix of the two.

Huh?:p

kevmicsmi

Ardent Listener said:
Anyone who is either "left" or "right" all the time is not thinking for themselves but following the thinking of "the party line".
I think you are confusing Republican/Democrat with Left/right.

Booko

Deviled Hen
kevmicsmi said:
I think you are confusing Republican/Democrat with Left/right.

Not surprisingly. I mean, even "left" and "right" have morphed into something not recognizable compared to oh, 30 years ago...maybe less.

(Are there any fiscal conservatives out there in public office any more? sheesh)

Booko

Deviled Hen
c0da2006 said:

Archie Bunker is a character from an American show in the 70s, which was ripped off from a British show, but I can't for the life of me remember which one it was now.

He's a cranky working class stiff who doesn't seem to think much of equality of sexes or races. Mostly he doesn't like change much, so I guess you could say, "conservative"? Beats me.

kevmicsmi

Booko said:
Not surprisingly. I mean, even "left" and "right" have morphed into something not recognizable compared to oh, 30 years ago...maybe less.

(Are there any fiscal conservatives out there in public office any more? sheesh)
no, and that is where the confusion comes in. Just because you have an R on your shirt, doesnt make you a conservative. Look at our president.

Booko

Deviled Hen
kevmicsmi said:
no, and that is where the confusion comes in. Just because you have an R on your shirt, doesnt make you a conservative. Look at our president.

You see, that's the problem I have too. That's a huge issue with me, and I feel like I'm completely unrepresented anywhere on the fiscal issues front. Political parties don't even seem to factor into it any more. They've all gone stark raving mad, afaic.

I still vote, though. Heck, I'm a poll manager. :banghead3

kevmicsmi

Booko said:
You see, that's the problem I have too. That's a huge issue with me, and I feel like I'm completely unrepresented anywhere on the fiscal issues front. Political parties don't even seem to factor into it any more. They've all gone stark raving mad, afaic.

I still vote, though. Heck, I'm a poll manager. :banghead3
The one problem with democracies is that the people vote to spend the governments money until they spend themselves bankrupt.

Thats the good thing about our constitutional republic. The politicians are bankrupting the country so we dont have to:D

M

Majikthise

I like it here on the fence where I can keep an eye on all of you.:D

Booko

Deviled Hen
kevmicsmi said:
The one problem with democracies is that the people vote to spend the governments money until they spend themselves bankrupt.

Thats the good thing about our constitutional republic. The politicians are bankrupting the country so we dont have to:D

Why, you know I just gotta frubal this one. :biglaugh:

DeadVegas

My political standing isn't left or right. I'm a member of the Antifuneralists. We fight for Dead rights. We're being oppressed! The living impaired are not allowed to vote, adopt a child, or even marry!

M

Majikthise

As Grandpa Beeblebrox once said., "Life , is wasted on the living.".;)

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
Both!

Socially I'd consider myself staunchly liberal; on the economic front I'm all over the place but tend to veer towards right wing/free market policies; and on foreign policy I'm... Um... A bit like Tony Blair, but without Iraq. :p

(I have to admit, if I was going to blindly ascribe to any ideology, it would be Anarchism)