• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Left Behind (series)

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Left Behind - Wikipedia

Did anyone else read any or all of these books when they came out?

I read the first few, they were interesting.
I read the whole series in High School. I liked it. I believed that the rapture would go down how the books were portraying it, so it made me a lot more intrigued. Idk if I’d reread them now since my views on the rapture have changed, but they were well written.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I read the whole series in High School. I liked it. I believed that the rapture would go down how the books were portraying it, so it made me a lot more intrigued. Idk if I’d reread them now since my views on the rapture have changed, but they were well written.

I was probably questioning my Christian faith around the time I was reading these. Not sure if that had any impact.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Left Behind - Wikipedia

Did anyone else read any or all of these books when they came out?

I read the first few, they were interesting.
Read the whole series several times. Not the left behind for kids version tho i only read 10 of thoseand there's more then that. Only the adult version. I also read Babylon rising and part of a few other series he made on before left behind happened

Psalm23

I didn't read the books though I had collected them at one time. I watched some left behind movies. The films may have added to my anxieties as I had also worried at some point of being left behind in the rapture. It would be really scary as sometimes I worried it might have happened such as when not being able to find someone right away. One time I couldn't find my cats right away and that worry flashed through my mind as well.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My church loved those books and I read most of them. I think I left the church though before the last ones were published, so I haven't read the entire series.

Psalm23

I read a few and then lost interest. I did enjoy the first one, but they seemed to get redundant after awhile.
I am definitely looking forward to the blessed hope/rapture.

I am looking forward to this as well such as in the song even so come by Chris Tomlin.

VoidCat

Hmmm...anyone else ever read the authors books on theology such as the book titled "Are we living in the end times?"

And The Truth Behind Left Behind

Edit: LaHay just wrote the foreword to the Truth behind left behind. My bad. I do know the second and third adult fiction series of left behind that were from the perspective of soldiers and of scholars rather then the main series of the tribulation force was written by different authors but i don't know who it was. Those Mark Hitchcock and Thomas Ice names tho sound familiar like I've heard them from other books but can't remember. Let me see if I can find the names of the second and third series of left behind what it was called and what the authors were called...

Last edited:

Psalm23

I watched the movie. Hated it cuz it was not like the book. Didnt know it was a movie series

There are at least 5 left behind movies. The dates show 2000, 2002, 2005, 2014, and 2016. I watched the first three of the films but it has been a while.

VoidCat

Edit: LaHay just wrote the foreword to the Truth behind left behind. My bad. I do know the second and third adult fiction series of left behind that were from the perspective of soldiers and of scholars rather then the main series of the tribulation force was written by different authors but i don't know who it was. Those Mark Hitchcock and Thomas Ice names tho sound familiar like I've heard them from other books but can't remember. Let me see if I can find the names of the second and third series of left behind what it was called and what the authors were called
The military version was written by Mel Odom

And the scholar version wasn't scholars. It was about the apolcoyse from the view point of political folk. Written by Neesa Hart