• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Leatherface & Green Arrow!

Abishai100

I'm a big fan of horror-comics crossovers, so I fashioned this story about a Leatherface copycat tackling Green Arrow (DC Comics).

Basically, what I was going for was the right feel so I could personally answer the cultish question, "Does Green Arrow make me feel less 'queasy' about the presence of Leatherface?"

====

Oliver Queen (Green Arrow) felt very uneasy at the Dallas Cowboys football game in Texas. Arrow had studied all of the crime history of Texas and realized that Texas had been plagued by 'super-criminals.' Arrow hypothesized that the expanse and grittiness of Texas spawned a host of 'daredevils' and was concerned that a new super-villain would rise in Texas, copycatting the criminal behavior of a violence-glorification American film --- as a maniacal gesture meant to convey the 'allure of crime' itself. Arrow would soon discover how correct his hypothesis was.

Thomas Denilson was an emotionally awkward Texan working at the meat factory outside Austin. He was obsessed with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, an iconic 1974 American horror film, which introduced audiences to the macabre crimes of the fictional chainsaw-wielding cannibal known simply as 'Leatherface.' Thomas felt an unnatural dissatisfaction towards the pedestrian faithlessness among Texans in the modern age --- a faithlessness that created morally questionable behaviors reflected every Sunday on TV during the NFL season when multiple scantily-clad Cowboys cheerleaders danced for their football team.

Denilson purchased a chainsaw from the Home Depot and made a face-mask with the skin of a dead corpse of a cop he just killed. Denilson started calling himself 'Leatherface,' believing he was the incarnate of the American horror film character sent from the Devil to unleash the vengeful spirit of Hell upon Earth (and especially upon Texas). Denilson/Leatherface would soon come face-to-face with Oliver Queen (Green Arrow), a wealthy socialite who turned himself into a super-archer and American vigilante. Only time would tell if Leatherface's chainsaw-swing would prove too much for Green Arrow's handy-dandy archery skills.

On a warm Saturday afternoon in April, Leatherface (Denilson) stood on a barren road outside Austin, Texas holding his chainsaw above the body of a cop he just ripped up. The cop had managed to call for help on his police-CB before Leatherface killed him. Fortunately, Green Arrow (Oliver Queen) had a special radio made which picked up police calls. Green Arrow heard the distress call from the cop Leatherface killed and hurried to the scene of the crime. When Green Arrow got there (on his motorcycle), he saw Leatherface standing there, looking like a filthy monster. Green Arrow released three well-aimed arrows towards Leatherface who was running towards him with his demonic chainsaw.

Two of the three arrows fired by Green Arrow hit Leatherface right in the head, and the ghoul fell down. Green Arrow ran over to the beast and yanked his chainsaw from him and let the filthy monster bleed to death. When the cops arrived, Green Arrow explained he fired his 'hunting arrows' in defense and unwittingly killed the super-psycho. The cops expressed their gratitude and told Green Arrow they would handle the mess. As Green Arrow rode away on his motorcycle, he whispered to himself ominously, "Today, God defeated a great red dragon."

====

Leatherface

Green Arrow

war.jpg

Brickjectivity

Brickish Brat
Staff member
Premium Member
The other day I at a thrift store I ran across a comic book compilation of superman vs aliens. It was two volumes about an inch thick each. Probably Batman was in there, too. I did crack it open, and apparently it gave the origin of Supergirl. I don't know if there is more than one origin for her. I'd say this story is from the 1980's, but I'm not sure.