• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Learn more about Jainism

Arav

Jain
This is a wonderful site to learn about Jainism. It gives alot of english books from their website that you can download and read. There are very few english books on the subject of Jainism, so this site is a blessing to all english speaking people who want to know more about Jainism.

Jain library/english

Stella Polaris

| Neutiquam Erro |
Thanks! This looks really helpful. I'm currently learning about Jainism and things like this are great to have as a resource :)

Arav

Jain
I am happy I could help. Im not a Jain anymore, but if you have any questions about the religion I would be happy to answer them.

Stella Polaris

| Neutiquam Erro |
Thank you for the offer, I may take you up on that later :)

Right now, I'm just reading the basics and getting an over view of the faith. I do have some questions, but I want to see if the things I'm reading answer them first. If not, I won't hesitate to ask.

I am curious though, which sutra would be the best to start with? I know there are a few. And is there a book (possibly one on the website you shared) that you've read or can recommend for the sutras?

Thanks!

Arav

Jain
The best thing to start with is the Tattvath Sutra. It is by Acharya Umasvati and gives the basics of Jainism. Tattvarth Sutra At the top of the page is the chapters.