• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDS Questions and Debates

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Yeah, well, she doesn't want to be taught how to drive.

She took driving lessons and nearly got her and her instructor killed and the instructor said it would be better if she stayed off the road..:(

I do all the grocery shopping, she doesn't do any of that and I don't mind at all, I like to shop and like doing laundry so we fight over it.. hehe.. its funny...and we usually cook together...or fix seperate things...

I do the cooking, she does the laundry, i do the "manly" stuff, she does the cleaning, We both do dishes, we both go shopping, she pays the bills and makes the grocery list, which i of course annex the grocery list with things like pizza, and Mt. Dew. When she wants to read, i play video games. I deal with "public affairs" because she doesn't really like doing that, but i ALWAYS let her speak for herself, and if she is asked a question i look at her and wait for her to respond. She has a say in everything we do, jsut as much as i do, there is no inferiority and no superiority, even though our roles as husband and wife are different or "old fashioned" it works out very well for us.

If you read the LDS Proclimation on "The Family" you will see a very spiritual bond in the family and even though roles are different for men and women, it does not go out the bounds of equal rights, and is anything but sexism.

FFH

Veteran Member
I do the cooking, she does the laundry, i do the "manly" stuff, she does the cleaning, We both do dishes, we both go shopping, she pays the bills and makes the grocery list, which i of course annex the grocery list with things like pizza, and Mt. Dew. When she wants to read, i play video games. I deal with "public affairs" because she doesn't really like doing that, but i ALWAYS let her speak for herself, and if she is asked a question i look at her and wait for her to respond. She has a say in everything we do, jsut as much as i do, there is no inferiority and no superiority, even though our roles as husband and wife are different or "old fashioned" it works out very well for us.

If you read the LDS Proclimation on "The Family" you will see a very spiritual bond in the family and even though roles are different for men and women, it does not go out the bounds of equal rights, and is anything but sexism.
Yeah, it works for us too.

She gets bored if there isnt anything to do so she doesn't like me doing anything but going to work, so that's about all I do most of the time and the grocery shopping..

She would do everything for me, and does, unless I insist on doing it myself, like laundry, which she gets to before I can get to it...

She likes being a stay at home person. We don't have kids though so she has plenty of free time to do whatever she wants...so she insists on doing whatever needs to be done around the house.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
i'm actually talkign to my wife on MSN, while i'm at work on lunch and she's at home and this is copied from our chat window
Anna says:
there are a lot of ignorant people in the world, it can't be helped. but even if i hadn't read "the family," i would've known about the different roles and appreciated them. i know they're not sexist, and i'm glad our roles suit us well.
Anna says:
i'm happy for what we have.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Yeah, it works for us too.

She gets bored if there isnt anything to do so she doesn't like me doing anything but going to work, so that's about all I do most of the time and the grocery shopping..

She would do everything for me, and does, unless I insist on doing it myself, like laundry, which she gets to before I can get to it...

She likes being a stay at home person. We don't have kids though so she has plenty of free time to do whatever she wants...so she insists on doing whatever needs to be done around the house.

We're just two lucky punks heh

FFH

Veteran Member
We're just two lucky punks heh
Yeah, it must be their Catholic upbringing...

She attended Catholic private all girl schools run by nuns, then attended a Catholic all girl college for a year then converted to the church and came out here to BYU in Provo, from Springfield, Mass.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Yeah, it must be their Catholic upbringing...

She attended Catholic private all girl schools run by nuns, then attended a Catholic all girl college for a year then converted to the church and came out here to BYU in Provo, from Springfield, Mass.

haha yeah, might explain it. Filipino culture is very stonch hardcore Roman Catholic.

FFH

Veteran Member
I have like a gazillion copies of that at home, but haven't read it in a while and have only read it once I think..

Maybe we could find a link and post it here..

FFH

Veteran Member
haha yeah, might explain it. Filipino culture is very stonch hardcore Roman Catholic.
Cool, Filipino has the highest LDS concentration in Asia also.

I was in Japan on a mission and we would hear about their success over their. Very humble down to earth people..

Asian cultures holds a strong place in my heart. I miss it a lot...

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Cool, Filipino has the highest LDS concentration in Asia also.

I was in Japan on a mission and we would hear about their success over their. Very humble down to earth people..

Asian culture holds a strong place in my heart. I miss it a lot...

Her family is amazingly close, they stick together and are very loving to eachother. very down to earth, they listen, understand and help alot.

Also, I just posted the proclamation in a new thread in this forum.

FFH

Veteran Member
Her family is amazingly close, they stick together and are very loving to eachother. very down to earth, they listen, understand and help alot.

Also, I just posted the proclamation in a new thread in this forum.
Okay great thanks

My wife's best friend is Filipino and she is sooo sweet. She is baptist and last time she was over when she walked in the door the spirit flooded over me, I don't know why, but it was amazing what I felt. She must have brought the spirit with her as she walked in. It's always a blessing to have her in our home...a real blessing.

There is something special about the Filipino people and their culture...

She offered us her car for a couple of months while she went and visited her relatives in the Filipines. I kept refusing, but she kept insisted and I kept refusing...hehe....