• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LDS/Mormon Leaders' Tithing Law Partially Enforced

HeatherAnn

IMO, This isn't anything new, but it's important for all (both lds "members" & "nonmembers") to realize...
IMO, LDS leaders warped the law of tithing in several ways:

1. Tithing was never commanded by Jesus & Jesus NEVER charged anyone for anything. He taught we have the kingdom of God within us, & not in churches or even temples... "know ye not that ye are the temple of God and the spirit dwells in you?"
To be considered celestially (top heaven) worthy and temple worthy, LDS leaders require members must pay 10% of their gross income to LDS leaders.

2. Deuteronomy 14:28-29 instructs that 1/3 of TITHES are to be given for those in need.
LDS leaders want to force members to obey the law of tithing, but only the part they like. They don't teach this scripture & infact have gone to the effort of hiding this scripture, leaving it out of LDS scripture book in the topical guides under "tithing." They have openly declared that tithes are not charity - but for building churches, temples & whatever the church wants to use it for. They have repeteatedly reminded members to pay their 10% to "the Lord" (to THEM) & to pay EXTRA for the poor (fast offering/humanitarian donations through the hidden church finances).

3. Scriptures state that tithes are based on "increase" & "interest"... NOT "income."
There is a difference.
IE: 2 men work at the same job, same income amount.
1 man lives at home & his parents pay all bills for him, thus all of his income is "increase."
The 2nd man is the sole provider of a family of 9 & after paying all necessities, has little left over as "increase/interest."
Yet, LDS leaders exploit, by demanding the same amount of money from each.

4. LDS leaders keep finances dark and secret, answering to nobody. They can spend money however & whenever they want and members cannot openly criticize without being excommunicated.

As a Mormon myself, I hope and pray that more Mormons will see this for what it is... study it out, ponder & pray, to see if this is of God or not. There are many suffering, both members who are paying too much to church leaders, & especially those suffering extreme poverty who deserve 1/3 of TITHES, according to Deut 14:28-29. I daily pray for those suffering, as I hope you will to, & strive to do what's best, what's of God.