• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Laxmi Naryani temple in Vellore (Velluru)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Sripuram_Temple_Multiple_Views.gif

They say it required 15,000 kg of gold to build. Well, India and Hindus!

Last edited:

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Out of curiosity, who paid for the construction of this temple? And does it worship Radha Krishna too?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I guess not. Mahalaxmi stands alone in all her majesty, the Mother Goddess. In other Mahalaxmi temples like in Mumbai and Goa, Radha Krishna are not worshiped. Even if they are, they will grace a secondary smaller shrine.

Mahalakshmi, Mumbai; Palaiyur Mahalakshmi, Tamilnadu; Karvir Vasini Mahalakshmi, Kolhapur, Maharashtra; Arasar Koil Sundhara Mahalakshmi, Tamilnadu.

Please note: Mumbai Mahakali does not have her tongue out. It is a peace idol. Can one really differentiate between the three? They seem to be a triplet. :)
mahalaxmi_mata_larg.jpg
76_big.jpg
god-contact630.jpg
4471921145_07873e614f_z.jpg

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
One can only assume it was on donations by devotees.
Oh sure, can't think of Tamilnadu government funding it. But Amma and Shashikala may have contributed. ;)

Mods, can you kindly correct the spelling of 'Narayani' in the title of this topic. I should have been careful. Thanks.

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
Oh sure, can't think of Tamilnadu government funding it. But Amma and Shashikala may have contributed. ;)

Mods, can you kindly correct the spelling of 'Narayani' in the title of this topic. I should have been careful. Thanks.
As long as it's not publicly funded :)
Hopefully I can visit it someday.