• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Latest Catholic News

Ellen Brown

The poor Catholics, or X-Catholics that had to experience the latest news about Priest sexual abuse ... Poor people.

CruzNichaphor

I share about as much sympathy for Catholics as the Priest-rapists did for their victims.

And yes; I wish Catholics were poor people. But they aren't.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Probably you talk about the link below
Scathing report reveals 300 Pennsylvania Catholic priests sexually abused over 1,000 children
300 priests abusing 1000 children. Probably we only see the tip of the iceberg here [1 priest 3 children is quite low (I have chocolate addiction and eat more then 3)]

300 priests just in Pennsylvania, must be quite a high percentage.
Pennsylvania Catholic Conference » PA Catholic Statistics
Google gave this list of ca. 1000 priests it seems in Pennsylvania (ca. 30% abusers? very high). Can be 1 out of 1 children abused [seems a bit high]

I wonder if the percentage of normal people abusing children is the same, or worse [because priests should be men of God]

If that is true then this world is really messed up with maybe hundreds of millions of sexual abused children.

Last edited:

CruzNichaphor

Probably you talk about the link below
300 priests abusing 1000 children. Probably we only see the tip of the iceberg here.

I'm glad people are starting to realize that it is only "the tip of the iceberg" - and I'm glad you used that expression.

Although I'm extremely impressed at how the internet has rapidly propelled the sex abuse scandal from a petty 90s tabloid into a sweeping indictment of the richest, most powerful and evil organization in the world into a waking nightmare, I guarantee this isn't the end of it.

Multi-national-corporations who built their wealth by employing terroristic tactics like boiling people in oil for simply disagreeing with them have more than just a few skeletons in their closet.

james dixon

Premium Member
a sweeping indictment of the richest, most powerful and evil organization in the world into a waking nightmare, I guarantee this isn't the end of it.

If you are referring to Catholics as being "rich" you need to compare that term to monitary amounts. The average Catholic lives week to week on their hourly paycheck, which I am sure you do too; so ease up or be singled out.

james dixon

Premium Member
Multi-national-corporations who built their wealth by employing terroristic tactics like boiling people in oil for simply disagreeing with them have more than just a few skeletons in their closet.

Mentally illness comes to mind and just incase this sickness is contagious I'm leaving.

****seek help****
bye

CruzNichaphor

If you are referring to Catholics as being "rich" you need to compare that term to monitary amounts. The average Catholic lives week to week on their hourly paycheck, which I am sure you do too; so ease up or be singled out.

The "average Catholic" supports the most evil and bloodthirsty organization that has ever existed.

Nuff' said.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The poor Catholics, or X-Catholics that had to experience the latest news about Priest sexual abuse ... Poor people.

Were we always this corrupt? Think of how many thousands of years the church has been around.

Maybe the human race should just accept it's screwed up and stop pretending it's not.

Folks tried to live up to some ideal, just can't do it.

CruzNichaphor

Were we always this corrupt? Think of how many thousands of years the church has been around.

And how many innocent, thoughtful, intelligent lives were not just wasted but tortured before being wasted because of it; and the people who support it.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
And how many innocent, thoughtful, intelligent lives were not just wasted but tortured before being wasted because of it; and the people who support it.

Yeah, I know, that's what I was thinking. Also I was pretty screwed up as a kid. I just learned to lock it all away. Power corrupts? Maybe it just unleashes that screwed up kid.

CruzNichaphor

Yeah, I know, that's what I was thinking. Also I was pretty screwed up as a kid. I just learned to lock it all away. Power corrupts? Maybe it just unleashes that screwed up kid.

Or maybe Catholicism is just an attractive veil for sadists?

The discussion is becoming more and more lush as this century rolls on...

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I share about as much sympathy for Catholics as the Priest-rapists did for their victims.

Im so glad this X-catholic loves the rich heads-up in the church. She would literaly be homeless three years today and without clothes and food if it had not been the Church. No RF :(

Could be regional charity among fake catholics who care about another persons wellbeing and safety and the real ones who live off rich houses molesting young kids.

How do you tell the difference between real and fake catholics?

CruzNichaphor

Im so glad this X-catholic loves the rich heads-up in the church. She would literaly be homeless three years today and without clothes and food if it had not been the Church. No RF :(

Could be regional charity among fake catholics who care about another persons wellbeing and safety and the real ones who live off rich houses molesting young kids.

How do you tell the difference between real and fake catholics?

Anyone with a shred of intelligence doesn't make the distinction; the moment a person calls themself something, it's over.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Anyone with a shred of intelligence doesn't make the distinction; the moment a person calls themself something, it's over.

That makes no sense one iota. You know how many Catholics there are? (Greek, Roman, Eastern Othorodox...) Even if I put myself in this, what exactly have I done (using me as genny pig for X) that makes me guilty of the crimes of specific priests of the church?

Catholic doesnt mean criminal; so, how are you mixing catholic people and the political nature of The Church???

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.

Hello. Go visit, say, Rio de Janeiro. Mostly Roman Catholic, very poor folks. I am not Catholic but I thank God for the good work they do all over the world for the masses of people who are dirt poor.

Peace