• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Koruzomikyo

Mazdaki

this Japanese religious tradition interests me i wish i could learn more about it. Does anyone here know about it or follow it?

How similar is it to Shinto practice? I know they use a Kamidana.
the religion does have a website but there isn't really much on there, its just a basic summary and history.

They believe in Amaterasu, the sun goddess of Japan as the source of all light, creator and mother deity, and pray to her every Sunrise. They believe in ancestral spirits too, but what about any kind of other spirits?

Leftimies

Dwelling in the Principle
Well, you could always start with researching the Shinto religion and folklore, and get started from there. After getting the basics of "mother religion", Shinto, especially those revolving the over-goddess Amaterasu Omikami, you could introduce yourself to core beliefs of this "Kurozumikyo".

I'd reckon, completely unfounded, that it is something similar to Confucianism, which incorporated Heaven-worship and overgod Shangdi from Chinese proto-religion Shenism (Shénjiào, 神教) and refined it by describing its will.
In similar fashion, "Kurozumikyo" could be Shinto focused only around Amaterasu Omikami, so just go study her from Shinto sources? ;)