• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knowledge and Belief

Sonofason

What? How is that "cutting to the chase" on a thread regarding the existence of knowledge, and its non-identity with mere belief? :confused:

If you want to discuss the existence of God, there is no lack of threads devoted to that topic. Please find one.

Note again the statement of the OP

enaidealukal wrote:
"knowledge is a subset of belief; all knowledge is belief, but not all belief is knowledge."

What atheist has knowledge that no God exists? The answer is, no atheist has knowledge that no God exists. It is purely belief based on absolutely nothing. It's blind faith.

What theist has knowledge that God exists? The answer is, all theists who experience God have knowledge that God exists. These theists have belief based on knowledge. All atheists have belief without knowledge. Some theists beliefs are a result of knowledge. No atheists belief is a result of knowledge.

For Artie's sake, why do "strong atheists" believe no God exists?

If you are a weak atheist, why are you not a strong atheist?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member

enaidealukal wrote:

What atheist has knowledge that no God exists? The answer is, no atheist has knowledge that no God exists. It is purely belief based on absolutely nothing. It's blind faith.

What theist has knowledge that God exists? The answer is, all theists who experience God have knowledge that God exists. These theists have belief based on knowledge. All atheists have belief without knowledge. Some theists beliefs are a result of knowledge. No atheists belief is a result of knowledge.

Yeah, it's still off-topic, though. ;)

Enai de a lukal

enaidealukal wrote:
Um, right, the point being that this is a thread about some basic epistemology, not the existence of God.

For our purposes here, what is relevant is that knowledge and belief are not identical. What we know is a subset of what we believe, and what we know is also a subset of what is true.

If it is knowledge, it is not belief "based on" knowledge, it is a belief that is also knowledge; if I know X, I believe it too. Knowledge is a subset of belief.

If you'd like to discuss this, or be disabused of your comments above regarding theism and knowledge, I recommend you repost this to a thread concerning the existence of God. Here's three of them-

http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...s/155625-can-you-proove-there-isnt-deity.html

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/philosophy/6234-existence-god-please-participate.html

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/religious-debates/151076-why-dont-theists-admit-theres-no.html

AmbiguousGuy

So let's cut to the chase.

Do you believe that God exists?
Or do you believe that no God exists?
Please explain why.

I neither believe nor disbelieve that God exists -- in case your message is directed at me.

For I never use the word 'belief' incorrectly.

Sonofason

I neither believe nor disbelieve that God exists -- in case your message is directed at me.

For I never use the word 'belief' incorrectly.

I did ask for an explanation, but that's okay. I already know why. You lack knowledge of God. You lack gnosis. You are agnostic.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Okay, this was a while back (pg 23), in regards to my claim that knowledge is defined by "belief of truth" and not "actual truth".

You weren't. And you aren't.

Rather, I am saying, "Well, that means precisely what we both know that means, and here's the paradox that that presents."
Knowledge is defined by actual truth.
If the above is the case, then it's known.
If it's known, then it's actually true.

Knowledge is defined by belief in truth, and not actual truth.
If the above is the case, then it's known.
If it's known, then it's not actually true.

Knowledge is defined by actual truth.
If the above is the case, then it's believed.
If it's believed, then it's actually truth is undetermined.
Either way, the latter two assert that, "It's not actually true that knowledge is defined by belief of truth. It's just something I believe."

Either way, the truth of what we've defined is uncertain.

Actual truth informs our language and our definitions, but more importantly it informs our thoughts and our ways of thinking. Logic addresses the latter.

Just wanted to point out that even if we accept that knowledge is defined by belief of truth, that does not preclude the possibility that it is actually true, as your syllogisms above indicate.

I could say "Unicorns do not exist". This statement of knowledge is based upon my belief in the (certain) truth that unicorns don't exist.

It may or may not be actually true that unicorns don't exist.

The point is: My decision to consider this statement "knowledge" was based off of my certainty of belief, and not the actual truth.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
"Belief of truth" cannot distinguish knowledge from mere belief because it is common to both. If I believe that Paris is the capital of Germany, I believe the truth of "Paris is the capital of Germany". In fact, "belief of truth" is just redundant, "belief in (the truth of) some X" is just what "belief" means.
We start calling our beliefs "knowledge" when we reach a particular threshold of certainty in regards to the truth of our claim.

Do you deny that we have varying levels of certainty in regards to our beliefs, and yet, they are all correctly categorized as beliefs?

falvlun said:
Your position constrains knowledge to actual truth, which defies usage
I'd say the opposite is true. When I say that I know my wallet is on the table, I am saying that my wallet is really on the table (i.e. "my wallet on the table" is actually true), and I'm saying that I have sufficient warrant for this belief (probably because I remember setting it there).
When you say "I'd say the opposite is true", what are you referring to?

Please talk in generalities. I have found that people that champion your position love examples that are very easy to defend, such as flaunting that there is no ambiguity over the "truth" that "Paris is the capital of France".

When I say that your position defies usage, I am talking about those things commonly considered knowledge-- like things learned through science-- that may, and likely will, be found to be incorrect 20, 50, or 100 years from now.

Right now, I would say that I know that "Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light."

100 years from now, an alien species visits planet Earth with FTL technology.

So, how does your position deal with this problem?

Was I incorrect to say " I know...". Should I have said something else? If I had used some other word, such as "I believe..." would I have been able to convey the same sense of certainty which I wished to convey? How are we to ever know which is the correct word to utilize, since afterall, we have no way of knowing which scientific facts will be overturned?

Let me draw your attention to the difference between this, i.e. "knowledge can exist without some knowing it is knowledge", and this- "I really don't see how knowledge can exist without someone "knowing" it"

I'm not saying that knowledge cannot exist without someone knowing it, in the sense that running cannot exist without a runner, i.e. someone to go running. That would be patently absurd.
Then what are you saying?

You stated that someone could be unsure as to the location of their wallet, but if they correctly guessed that it was on the table, then their guess would be considered knowledge. Please explain to me how this is possible, if, as you say, it is "patently absurd" for knowledge to exist without someone knowing it.

Certainty is a matter of subjective psychological factors- it can vary from person to person. If I believe that my wallet is on the table, because I remember putting it there or saw it sitting there and have no reason to think its been moved (i.e. arguably adequate warrant for this case), but suppose I've been reading too much philosophy and am concerned whether it wasn't a dream or a hallucination- but I am right and it is on the table, it would seem like I knew it was there after all.
How did you come to that conclusion? I would have concluded "I was uncertain whether it was there or not."

Your position really suffers from non-linear time issues. Constantly, the future magically ends up affecting how things should have been defined in the past.

falvlun said:
And knowing something implies certainty (or, at least, about as sure of a thing as we can get.)
Ok, but why? What about cases of certainty that don't look like knowledge and visa versa? This would seem to explode that schema, yes?
Because practically speaking, certainty is how we grade the probability of things being true.

I don't know of any examples where someone is unsure of something and also thinks it should be considered knowledge. I certainly reject your wallet scenario.

Sure. But a definition of knowledge has to capture all sorts of knowledge; everyday sort of experiential knowledge (where I left my wallet), scientific/theoretical knowledge, and practical knowledge (knowledge how). And so far as the JTB definition of knowledge goes, it seems to be the matter of justification or warrant must shift around depending on the claim in question- but it sure doesn't seem like the matter of truth is negotiable, without rendering all usage of the word "knowledge" incoherent. And any philosophical or epistemological account of knowledge that comes back with the verdict that there is no such thing as truth or knowledge as opposed to belief is basically worthless, since this thesis is unusable in most walks of life- there is a difference between knowing where my wallet is and not, between knowing how to get to Applebees and not, and so on- as I'm sure you can well attest (one is very frustrating, the other is not).

My position doesn't claim that there is no such thing as truth or knowledge.

Sonofason

We start calling our beliefs "knowledge" when we reach a particular threshold of certainty in regards to the truth of our claim.

Do you deny that we have varying levels of certainty in regards to our beliefs, and yet, they are all correctly categorized as beliefs?

Please talk in generalities. I have found that people that champion your position love examples that are very easy to defend, such as flaunting that there is no ambiguity over the "truth" that "Paris is the capital of France".

When I say that your position defies usage, I am talking about those things commonly considered knowledge-- like things learned through science-- that may, and likely will, be found to be incorrect 20, 50, or 100 years from now.

Right now, I would say that I know that "Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light."

Was I incorrect to say " I know...". Should I have said something else? If I had used some other word, such as "I believe..." would I have been able to convey the same sense of certainty which I wished to convey? How are we to ever know which is the correct word to utilize, since afterall, we have no way of knowing which scientific facts will be overturned?

You stated that someone could be unsure as to the location of their wallet, but if they correctly guessed that it was on the table, then their guess would be considered knowledge. Please explain to me how this is possible, if, as you say, it is "patently absurd" for knowledge to exist without someone knowing it.

How did you come to that conclusion? I would have concluded "I was uncertain whether it was there or not."

Your position really suffers from non-linear time issues. Constantly, the future magically ends up affecting how things should have been defined in the past.

Because practically speaking, certainty is how we grade the probability of things being true.

I don't know of any examples where someone is unsure of something and also thinks it should be considered knowledge. I certainly reject your wallet scenario.

My position doesn't claim that there is no such thing as truth or knowledge.

If I set my wallet on the table, and I can see my wallet setting on the table, I can be quite certain even to the point of knowing as a matter of fact that my wallet is on the table.

If I told you, I know my wallet is on the table, you might ask, "how do you know it's on the table". I could answer, "well, I'm looking at it right now, and it's on the table.

Now there is a very remote possibility under this condition that I am delusional, or perhaps someone is playing some sort of trickery on me, and I am wrong, even though I'm looking at the wallet on the table. I could be wrong. Thus, if you wish to be most clear, I believe it would be best for me not to say, "I know", but that I am quite certain, or nearly certain, that my wallet is on the table.

If I were not staring at my wallet on the table, if I have left the room, I cannot be as certain. There would be a greater possibility that I am in error. Perhaps the cat knocked it off the table. Perhaps my memory is failing. In such a case, I should say something like, "well, I believe I left my wallet on the table. If I am not mistaken, it should still be there, on the table where I believe I left it."

I do not believe we should be using the word know unless we truly know. If there is doubt, let that doubt be known.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
If I set my wallet on the table, and I can see my wallet setting on the table, I can be quite certain even to the point of knowing as a matter of fact that my wallet is on the table.

If I told you, I know my wallet is on the table, you might ask, "how do you know it's on the table". I could answer, "well, I'm looking at it right now, and it's on the table.

Now there is a very remote possibility under this condition that I am delusional, or perhaps someone is playing some sort of trickery on me, and I am wrong, even though I'm looking at the wallet on the table. I could be wrong. Thus, if you wish to be most clear, I believe it would be best for me not to say, "I know", but that I am quite certain, or nearly certain, that my wallet is on the table.
I don't really have a problem with anything you have said here.

The argument that enaidealukal was making was that someone could be uncertain that they have left their wallet on the table, but if they believed/claimed to know that they had, despite their uncertainty, and it turns out they are correct, then we should consider their uncertain guess to be knowledge.

Do you have any thoughts on that?

If I were not staring at my wallet on the table, if I have left the room, I cannot be as certain. There would be a greater possibility that I am in error. Perhaps the cat knocked it off the table. Perhaps my memory is failing. In such a case, I should say something like, "well, I believe I left my wallet on the table. If I am not mistaken, it should still be there, on the table where I believe I left it."

I do not believe we should be using the word know unless we truly know. If there is doubt, let that doubt be known.
As mentioned in another debate, I think you are requiring extraordinarily precise expectations, that are not really necessary or practical. Though, in essence, I can't argue that your precise formulation is technically correct.

The crux, however, is in your second to the last line "I do not believe we should be using the word know unless we truly know." How would you define "truly know"? How do you know when you "truly know"?

Sonofason

Sonofason had written:

Falvlun wrote:
I don't really have a problem with anything you have said here.

The argument that enaidealukal was making was that someone could be uncertain that they have left their wallet on the table, but if they believed/claimed to know that they had, despite their uncertainty, and it turns out they are correct, then we should consider their uncertain guess to be knowledge.

Do you have any thoughts on that?

Here we have the same problem you eluded to in your next statement. How do we "know" they were correct? Can we know anything for certain? If I think I left my wallet on the table, and I go to the table and find the wallet on the table, did I truly find my wallet on the table? Is it an exact replica of the wallet I thought was my wallet? Am I delusional? Perhaps I'm dreaming.

It is for this reason that I believe we should be as honest and clear as we possibly can. I believe that the atheist who says gnostically there is no God is lying to himself and to everyone else. He doesn't have any knowledge at all to say emphatically that he "knows" there is no God. If I see my wallet on the table, at least, I can say, that I can see it there. I have some evidence of it. The atheist has no evidence that there is no God. There is no evidence to support a belief, especially a belief based on knowledge that no God exists. It is dishonest at best. That is my opinion. The atheist not only has no evidence to show others, he has no personal evidence that there is no God.

The theist can claim to have an experience of God. He may not be able to show others any evidence of his experience, but the experience is at least evidence for himself to support his belief that God exists.

Sonofason had written:

Falvlun wrote:
As mentioned in another debate, I think you are requiring extraordinarily precise expectations, that are not really necessary or practical. Though, in essence, I can't argue that your precise formulation is technically correct.

The crux, however, is in your second to the last line "I do not believe we should be using the word know unless we truly know." How would you define "truly know"? How do you know when you "truly know"?

We must employ honesty. If you know, say you know. If you don't know, don't say you know.

AmbiguousGuy

I believe that the atheist who says gnostically there is no God is lying to himself and to everyone else. He doesn't have any knowledge at all to say emphatically that he "knows" there is no God. If I see my wallet on the table, at least, I can say, that I can see it there. I have some evidence of it. The atheist has no evidence that there is no God. There is no evidence to support a belief, especially a belief based on knowledge that no God exists. It is dishonest at best. That is my opinion. The atheist not only has no evidence to show others, he has no personal evidence that there is no God.

Of course he has evidence. He has begged God to help the crippled child. He has pleaded with God to stop women from aborting their babies. But all he gets in return is the evidence of an absent God... silence.

Then he goes to all the 'holy books' of the world and searches to see if they are really magical or perfect. Alas... no. They are all filled with every manner of flaw, error, contradiction.

He cries out for the Holy Spirit to come to him and give him a sign. No sign.

Of course the atheist has evidence that there is no God.

The theist can claim to have an experience of God. He may not be able to show others any evidence of his experience, but the experience is at least evidence for himself to support his belief that God exists.

It's no more legitimate than the atheist's experience.

We must employ honesty. If you know, say you know. If you don't know, don't say you know.

You've ducked Falvlun's question.

How would you define "truly know"? How do you know when you "truly know"?

Sonofason

Sonofason had written:
I believe that the atheist who says gnostically there is no God is lying to himself and to everyone else. He doesn't have any knowledge at all to say emphatically that he "knows" there is no God. If I see my wallet on the table, at least, I can say, that I can see it there. I have some evidence of it. The atheist has no evidence that there is no God. There is no evidence to support a belief, especially a belief based on knowledge that no God exists. It is dishonest at best. That is my opinion. The atheist not only has no evidence to show others, he has no personal evidence that there is no God.

AmbiguousGuy wrote:
Of course he has evidence. He has begged God to help the crippled child. He has pleaded with God to stop women from aborting their babies. But all he gets in return is the evidence of an absent God... silence.

Then he goes to all the 'holy books' of the world and searches to see if they are really magical or perfect. Alas... no. They are all filled with every manner of flaw, error, contradiction.

He cries out for the Holy Spirit to come to him and give him a sign. No sign.

Of course the atheist has evidence that there is no God.

If you desire to call a lack of evidence of God evidence for the non-existence of God, you are free to do so. Many people, including myself have had such requests answered. The Holy Spirit is my greatest evidence for the existence of God, and He did not come until I put my faith in God's Son.

The atheist does not have evidence that there is no God. If anything at all, the atheist only lacks evidence that there is a God. A lack of evidence of God is not an indication that no God exists. It's quite a stretch, and it is the sort of stretch that I believe is offensive to God. I wish you the best of luck with your approach to God.

Sonofason had written:

AmbiguousGuy wrote:
It's no more legitimate than the atheist's experience.

I believe it is.
A lack of an experience, experiencing nothing, is not an experience. It is the lack of an experience, and nothing more.

Sonofason had written:

AmbiguousGuy wrote:
You've ducked Falvlun's question.

Why don't we ask Falvlun if he thinks I've ducked his question?

Enai de a lukal

No, sounds good to me.

That conventional usage assumes that "I know X" entails "X is true".

Was I incorrect to say " I know...". Should I have said something else?
No, given the information you had available at the time- your usage was genuine and honest, if incorrect. It simply turns out that you did not know that after all.

I'm saying that, e.g. the existence of Bigfoot is not contingent upon anyone recognizing or acknowledging the existence of Bigfoot, that the distance of Mars from the Sun is not contingent upon anyone recognizing or acknowledging it being such-and-such a distance, and so on. I would have hoped this was an entirely uncontroversial distinction. I am simply saying that the existence of knowledge is not contingent upon any ability to infallibly recognize it as such.

As I argued either here or the other related thread regarding truth, all we really need here is a certain model with some fairly uncontroversial premises; that the world is a certain way/that things are the case, and that we can talk about or refer to the world via language. The conjunction of these two premises give us truth- the correspondence of language to the world. Add epistemic justification and you have knowledge. Is it perfect? Of course not. But it strikes me as the best model for our epistemic practices regarding the world and our linguistic representations thereof.

You stated that someone could be unsure as to the location of their wallet, but if they correctly guessed that it was on the table, then their guess would be considered knowledge.
No, I stated that such a case would NOT be knowledge.

Really? Based on some extremely nebulous and poorly-founded (and ultimately incoherent and self-defeating, if we believe Wittgenstein's private language argument) doubts?

AmbiguousGuy

The Holy Spirit is my greatest evidence for the existence of God, and He did not come until I put my faith in God's Son.

So you arbitrarily believed in God's Son and then the Holy Spirit came and gave you evidence that God exists?

OK. But I couldn't do that. It would seem dishonest to me. I only believe things AFTER I examine the evidence. It's just too easy to find confirming evidence once a person strongly believes something. The mind is a trickster.

It's quite a stretch, and it is the sort of stretch that I believe is offensive to God. I wish you the best of luck with your approach to God.

If God is offended by integrity in His creations, then He is not a God I could ever understand or believe in.

A lack of an experience, experiencing nothing, is not an experience. It is the lack of an experience, and nothing more.

Nah. If I ask and ask and ask for a sign, and no sign ever comes... then that's some solid evidence of a non-existent sign-giver.

Sonofason

Sonofason had written:
The Holy Spirit is my greatest evidence for the existence of God, and He did not come until I put my faith in God's Son.

AmbiguousGuy wrote:
So you arbitrarily believed in God's Son and then the Holy Spirit came and gave you evidence that God exists?

Of course not. I'm not an idiot.

I've known people in my life who were true believers, and I've known people in my life who were adamant atheists. And I saw something in those who believed that I wanted for myself. I saw something in the atheist which I detested. I searched long and hard to find God. I did what those who believe suggest to do to find God. I believed them because they were reasonable. My faith in God is reasonable. I do not have, nor have I ever had blind faith.

AmbiguousGuy wrote:
OK. But I couldn't do that. It would seem dishonest to me. I only believe things AFTER I examine the evidence. It's just too easy to find confirming evidence once a person strongly believes something. The mind is a trickster.

Here you are still assuming that what believers begin with is blind faith. You are wrong. I couldn't do that either.

Sonofason had written:
It's quite a stretch, and it is the sort of stretch that I believe is offensive to God. I wish you the best of luck with your approach to God.

AmbiguousGuy wrote:
If God is offended by integrity in His creations, then He is not a God I could ever understand or believe in.

God is not offended by integrity. But why do gamble your integrity on a false premise?

Sonofason had written:

AmbiguousGuy wrote:
Nah. If I ask and ask and ask for a sign, and no sign ever comes... then that's some solid evidence of a non-existent sign-giver.

The evidence you have is anything but solid.

AmbiguousGuy

I've known people in my life who were true believers, and I've known people in my life who were adamant atheists. And I saw something in those who believed that I wanted for myself.

Another curious way to come to God belief, if anyone asks me. I'd like to be a heaven-believer, but I'm not going to embrace heaven belief just because heaven-believers seem happier than heaven-rejecters.

I saw something in the atheist which I detested.

Sure. They rejected that which you wanted to accept.

I searched long and hard to find God. I did what those who believe suggest to do to find God. I believed them because they were reasonable. My faith in God is reasonable. I do not have, nor have I ever had blind faith.

Then why did you use the Holy Spirit as your evidence for God? You even admitted that the HS didn't come to you until AFTER you accepted God.

"The Holy Spirit is my greatest evidence for the existence of God, and He did not come until I put my faith in God's Son." [sonofason]

God is not offended by integrity. But why do gamble your integrity on a false premise?

Oh my. Here is sonofason to tell me what is a false premise and what is a true one.

I have spent my life searching, and here is sonofason to instruct me in Truth.

Sure. And your evidence is solid as a rock.

And so it goes with fundamentalists instructing philosophers.

Sonofason

Sonofason had written:
I've known people in my life who were true believers, and I've known people in my life who were adamant atheists. And I saw something in those who believed that I wanted for myself.

Another curious way to come to God belief, if anyone asks me. I'd like to be a heaven-believer, but I'm not going to embrace heaven belief just because heaven-believers seem happier than heaven-rejecters.

I did not embrace heaven belief just because heaven-believers seem happier. I reasoned to seek for that which made them happier. I examined the scripture, as recommended, and I found truth. I listened to the methods for finding that which made heaven-believers happy. It seemed quite reasonable to me. I employed those methods in order to find that which made them happy. And God saw me employing those methods. I believed on the truths which found their way into my mind. I began to hope in that which made heaven-believers happy. And God saw me hoping. I examined what heaven-believers believe one must do to know God, deeds they claim to have done which led to results, and I found it reasonable that a God might expect such things. With every truth I uncovered, my faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ began to grow. I began to desire that God do for me what He had done for those who believe on Him. I wanted God in my life. I began to believe that such a god could keep promises. This God has made many promises. In the state of a growing faith, I began to hope He would. I began to notice the wretched state I was in. I perceived that it was God that was revealing this most wretched state that I was in. I begged Him to change me. I repented of my sin, and God revealed Himself to me.

This is but a brief synopsis of my faith in God. It doesn't nearly cover the details, and emotion involved. It's the tip of the iceberg.

Sonofason had written:
I saw something in the atheist which I detested.

AmbiguousGuy wrote:
Sure. They rejected that which you wanted to accept.

Sure, that's a small part of it. But I assure you there is a heck of a lot more to it than that. Look at the subject of fidelity to one's spouse. The believer believes that fidelity to one's spouse is of paramount importance with regard to obedience to God and the welfare of families and nations. Those who do not believe in God do not see fidelity as such a great problem. I believe that infidelity destroys families. I believe infidelity destroys nations.

While a believer can be unfaithful to his/her spouse, they can never claim that unfaithfulness is God's will. It's not. And they know it. For the unbeliever, it's more a matter of immediate gratification, what ever makes you happy in the moment. And it's all okay, so long as no one is harmed. I assure you, where there is infidelity in a marriage, there is always harm being done.

This is just one example. There are hundreds more, and each one could be examined in depth, but I do not believe this thread is the place for that.

AmbiguousGuy wrote:
Then why did you use the Holy Spirit as your evidence for God? You even admitted that the HS didn't come to you until AFTER you accepted God.

"The Holy Spirit is my greatest evidence for the existence of God, and He did not come until I put my faith in God's Son." [sonofason]

The Holy Spirit is the one who confirms truth for the believer. He is the one who comforts us in our faith. The Holy Spirit is not "my evidence" for God. It is my greatest evidence of God. There is a tremendous amount of evidence that led me to putting my faith in God. And as a result of placing my faith in God, God has blessed me with the greatest evidence of Himself that I could ever hope to have received. It is an evidence that assures me that my faith in God is not misdirected, and that Jesus Christ is indeed My King.

Sonofason had written:

AmbiguousGuy wrote:
Oh my. Here is sonofason to tell me what is a false premise and what is a true one.

I have spent my life searching, and here is sonofason to instruct me in Truth.

I'm happy to be of some service to you. You're welcome.

Sonofason had written:

AmbiguousGuy wrote:
Sure. And your evidence is solid as a rock.

And so it goes with fundamentalists instructing philosophers.

My evidence is the Rock.