• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knights of Michael

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
If we Christians go to war with they Muslims...and we both pray that God (Allah) will bring us victory...who wins???

It's like Independent George and Relationship George. A George divided against itself cannot stand. No one wins. God doesn't want us to fight. God desires peace.

Maybe we should have Fred Phelps and his minions battle Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda in the Cage Match of Death. Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! Watch James Dobson jump 57 flaming homosexuals. We'd sell ya the whole seat...but you'll only need the edge!!!

If that is the case why start a crusade against only one set of warmongers. It should be equally against both ,Drawing recruits from both Christian and Muslim.
Muslims are welcome as Knights of Michael.
Christians, however, are not in sleeper cells next door waiting orders to attack, these are radical Muslims.
Michael

Sonic247

Arch- Michael I can't believe your a Catholic and you said God doesn't determine the outcome of wars, that's totally against what the Bible teaches. Israel fell time and time again when they turned from God.

If that is the case why start a crusade against only one set of warmongers. It should be equally against both ,Drawing recruits from both Christian and Muslim.
Muslims are welcome as Knights of Michael.
Christians, however, are not in sleeper cells next door waiting orders to attack, these are radical Muslims.
Michael

Sonic247

Just in case anyone was wondering-

Allah and God are not the same.

I know it might be a popular saying, but we should seek God's approval not mans

Arch- Michael I can't believe your a Catholic and you said God doesn't determine the outcome of wars, that's totally against what the Bible teaches. Israel fell time and time again when they turned from God.
I am not sure what you are referring to, it is helpful to quote the message in your reply.
Michael

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Just in case anyone was wondering-

Allah and God are not the same.

I know it might be a popular saying, but we should seek God's approval not mans

I am as sure that they are....Just as you are That they are not.

God has shown no preference for either religion, He has not involved him self in their wars. God loves all men equally.
I believe the Muslim religion to be misguided; But I believe they worship God as do we.

Charles

Allah and God are the same, Allah, being the one God in Arabic, as The Lord Almighty being God in the Western World. In Christ's day before Christianity had been formed, before Muhammed and the Qu'aran. Christ, this Jewish lad, would of been preaching and would of been sayin 'Son of Allah', well I think it sounds similar in Hebrew as well, but I am not sure. So an understanding of the Word needs to come to many nations for a Global understanding to happen.

Sonic247

When someone says Allah here it is understood that they mean the God of Islam. Allah never sent his son to die for our sins- that's heresy to a Muslim.

I am as sure that they are....Just as you are That they are not.

God has shown no preference for either religion, He has not involved him self in their wars. God loves all men equally.
I believe the Muslim religion to be misguided; But I believe they worship God as do we.

God has and allways will. JUST READ THE OLD TESTERMINT OR TORAH. Its full of god crushing other races because they had done evil in his eyes.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
God has and allways will. JUST READ THE OLD TESTERMINT OR TORAH. Its full of god crushing other races because they had done evil in his eyes.

If you believe those old Jewish stories Good luck to you.... they were still scattered in defeat and their temple destroyed.

During wars all sides pray to God and ask for his help.
The winning side always say Alleluia... it worked.
They deceive them selves.
God is Love not War

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
I'm afraid that when I see your 'Knights of Michael' idea, all I can think of is the 'Legion of the Archangel St. Michael' which so blighted Romanian history before and during WWII (they were the fascists, in case you are unaware). I'm afraid this rather colours my opinion, but I must say that I am generally opposed to the creation of such paramilitary organisations, whatever their claimed justification, in the name of Christ. Violence is always an evil, even if it can occasionally be the lesser of two evils, and I'm afraid that I see nothing good in your proposal.

James

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
When someone says Allah here it is understood that they mean the God of Islam. Allah never sent his son to die for our sins- that's heresy to a Muslim.

Not in my Church. We happen to have quite a large number of Christians whose native tongue and Liturgical language is Arabic (try, the Patriarchate of Antioch, for instance). When they say Allah, they mean God, and they mean by that precisely what any other Orthodox Christian means, whether they say God, Theos, Dumnezeu or any other local equivalent.

James

If you believe those old Jewish stories Good luck to you.... they were still scattered in defeat and their temple destroyed.

During wars all sides pray to God and ask for his help.
The winning side always say Alleluia... it worked.
They deceive them selves.
God is Love not War

they were scattered and defwated because god wanted them to. They had turned against him and worshiped false gods of other relgions. And anyway how can god have so many faces?. Yes god is love but there is only one god. What about the ark of the covernant when the Philistines captured it. Baals Staute was lying on the ground in his own temple.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
they were scattered and defwated because god wanted them to. They had turned against him and worshiped false gods of other relgions. And anyway how can god have so many faces?. Yes god is love but there is only one god. What about the ark of the covernant when the Philistines captured it. Baals Staute was lying on the ground in his own temple.

My previous statement covers it well.

I will add to that..... the Jews did not understand the true nature of God.
God's nature did not change with Jesus, He was always the God of Love.
In rejecting Jesus they were also rejecting this new understanding.

It is not surprising that they were rejected them selves.

but what about tim osman?

cmon...
Rev,
I answered on the other thread but came here to see that you are still looking here. I omitted #2 on the previous post so I will include it here for your complete answer. Sorry about the confusion but I usually am juggling about 10 balls in the air at any time.
1. The difference between truth and theory is subjective. You say it is not a theory.

2: If Osama is Tim Osman, what relationship does he have with 9\11?
Doesn't matter who he was then, matters who he is now and what he is saying.
http://anewknighthood.blogspot.com/2007/05/we-are-at-war.html

3. Also terrorists. Do not be confused and think I am behind the actions of my government. I am an American not a Democrat, Republican, or anything political!

4. The difference is we changed on him. Osama bin Laden is not entirely incorrect in his views of the west, if fact we think a great deal alike on many issues, except terrorism.