• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kiwi Labour Landslide

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It is rumored that Australians speak English. Hard to believe?

It's rumoured that Americans do too...

My belief that both early settlers to both continents forgot to take a dictionary with them.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Interesting comparison.
Ardern is a little more traditional politician in terms of background, and might sit slightly right of AOC on some issues I think. But certainly there is some common ground on a bunch of things.

I think Adern is a more mature and more polished politician (in the best sense of the term). This is not all that surprising given that the U.S. as a whole is rather shallow and immature politically.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Fake news!!
Australians speak Australianese. It’s similar to English except drunk

I barely post drunk anymore. Thanks a lot, COVID lockdown.
On the plus side, we're opening up again, so perhaps soon I'll be on that long train ride home after a Friday night session, and start throwing up a few posts. Not literally throwing up. Probably. Hmmm..,

I'm sure the site has really missed the high quality contributions I make after a night sampling tasty beverages...
Drunk posting on RF...

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I barely post drunk anymore. Thanks a lot, COVID lockdown.
On the plus side, we're opening up again, so perhaps soon I'll be on that long train ride home after a Friday night session, and start throwing up a few posts. Not literally throwing up. Probably. Hmmm..,

I'm sure the site has really missed the high quality contributions I make after a night sampling tasty beverages...
Drunk posting on RF...
Is it bad that I have a drink in my hand right now?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It’s wild turkey with coke, actually ;)
Okay this may be sacrilegious to admit, being an Aussie and all. But I don’t actually like beer.:eek:

Nah, it's all good. Run of the mill Aussie beer is pretty horrendous.
To each their own.

Bourbon is too sweet for me these days, but I love me a bourbon barrell aged stout, so you drink the bourbon, us beer drinkers will use the barrels.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Nah, it's all good. Run of the mill Aussie beer is pretty horrendous.
To each their own.

Bourbon is too sweet for me these days, but I love me a bourbon barrell aged stout, so you drink the bourbon, us beer drinkers will use the barrels.
Phew! I can keep my Aussie citizenry intact then!
Bourbon is too sweet? Dang!
I knew I had a sweet tooth, but damn.
I can’t drink straight whisky for some reason. Makes me very ill. But whisky bourbon blend is apparently fine for my body.:shrug:

My uncle makes his own. I usually supply empty bottles in exchange for a taste. It’s actually pretty clean tasting.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Phew! I can keep my Aussie citizenry intact then!
Bourbon is too sweet? Dang!
I knew I had a sweet tooth, but damn.
I can’t drink straight whisky for some reason. Makes me very ill. But whisky bourbon blend is apparently fine for my body.:shrug:

My uncle makes his own. I usually supply empty bottles in exchange for a taste. It’s actually pretty clean tasting.

Well...if you weren't mixing it with coke, it would be less sweet...!!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Actually America is best known as a land of high flying eagles.
In England we've got buzzards and kites now. And they're not bald.

Anyway, the US seems to be full of rightists and leftists, no common sense in the middle.