• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kitchen Witch

Mike182

Flaming Queer
one of the members of the Lancaster Uni Pagan Society (LUPS) is a self-certified Kitchen Witch, and she was taking the talk at the first meeting we had the other day.

she was talking about Wicca, she gave an overview, brief hitory, core beliefs and practices, and to end her talk, a quick working of Kitchen Magic.

what did we do? we played with marzipan! with both hands, we took some marzipan, and molded it into a figure to represent that which we will to change, the figure could be either what i want to be changed, or something i want to change into. the idea behind this is that through crafting the model, i am stating my will, and by then consuming the marzipan, i am initiating the magic within myself for this change.

i am relatively ignorant of Kitchen Magic, i am more ritual-based in my personal practices, so i was almost shocked at how quick, simple, and effective this quick molding of magic was :eek:

Kitchen Magic is, simply, magic that can be done in the Kitchen - i have done no research on Kitchen Magic at all, so, my Kitchen is going to be different to your Kitchen, what else defines Kitchen Magic?

what is your experience of Kitchen Magic?

i will probably be asking more about this as more questions pop into my head :D

thanks in advance! all are welcome to comment.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Kitchen witchery... I think of it as using whatever's onhand to get things done.
It's a very earthy and practical magic! :)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
I find it very grounding. As you said, though, if earth isn't an element that comes naturally to you (it doesn't to me), it can be incredibly healing.

Faint

Mike182 said:
one of the members of the Lancaster Uni Pagan Society (LUPS) is a self-certified Kitchen Witch, and she was taking the talk at the first meeting we had the other day.
Is that like a Kitchen Wench? And if so where can I get one?

Mike182 said:
what did we do? we played with marzipan! with both hands, we took some marzipan, and molded it into a figure
Did the marzipan look like this:
180px-Marzipan.png

(frubals to anyone who gets this joke)

mike187 said:
what is your experience of Kitchen Magic?
Finding out that I did in fact have an extra bottle of riesling after my dinner date and I drained the previous one. Gotta love those wine elves!

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Faint said:
Did the marzipan look like this:
180px-Marzipan.png

(frubals to anyone who gets this joke)
is that what i think it is?:sarcastic

[/quote]
Finding out that I did in fact have an extra bottle of riesling after my dinner date and I drained the previous one. Gotta love those wine elves![/quote]

.... are you drunk...?