• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

King Messiah

You are currently a Bahai. I'm going to create a scenerio for you, just for poops and chuckles. I'm curious to how you will respond. I know how Christians and Muslims will respond. Here is the scenerio:

A man appears and the whole world is turning to him. He teaches the scriptures to the entire world and people are tuned in from all areas of the planet every time he speaks. You tune in and you hear him speak. He is the greatest speaker you have ever seen in your life. Nobody in history can compare. Not only is a great speaker but absolutely everything he says about every religion is flawless. He draws the connections to all the world religions (off the head, not by turning to books and quoting them). Not only that, but his name contains the name of God in Hebrew, he is of the line of David (Judah) and he fits every requirement for the King Messiah. He brings peace between Israel and the surrounding nations and unites the entire world under an entirely new (flawless) system, solves all the world's problems (hypothetical of course) and does it from Israel. You're watching this man preach and unite the world and then one day he says, "All of the religions around the world are divisive. Let us unite the entire world by making Israel the World's Holy Centre. He rebuilds the 3rd Temple on the Temple Mount and all churches, mosques, temples, etc are abandoned by the people (and many even torn down by the people who live there). Suddenly the world is making pilgrimages to Israel, walking as brothers and sisters in peace and praying and praising God together. Do you remain a Bahai or do you accept this new religion and leave the Bahai faith and abandon the Bahai Temples?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
If Bahai Temples are built in alignment with everything then yes, they would make a place to stop on your pilgrimage.
The chances of this happening and people responding to your idea, that I would like also, is near impossible.
Christianity refuses to accept that John, Paul and Simon do not mix, they don’t mix with all world religions, they don’t mix with the Bible and this is our problem amongst the religions.
I have studied since birth in all religion as asked, yet to get everything correct all the time, is not specified of the messiah, else they would be God, they are man and we all make mistakes (we need not EGO, yet compassion and understanding).
Yet Bahai stated some very good points that all is one, it is very much inline with Vedanta, Christ and many others.
So just because a messiah is foretold in the Bible, it is also foretold in the Pazand, Gita and many others….same name also or derivatives of.
yet point being it is one world, one God, the books interlink and yet goats say Butt allot and shoot people, whom stand up proclaiming anything as such.

So maybe lets rephrase the plan, the Messiah comes, he has the name that is written throughout the books since the beginning of time. He then makes a web-site as to prepare people for what he must say, he then gives all his inventions to fix global poverty….he has to open a court case against Christianity, where he takes the testimonies within it, and challenges the whole of Christianity, yet not Christ, as he him self will be Christ, also with Christ’s new name…he also must fulfil all prophecy spoken within most books.

Now do you see the problem the messiah has, first he must prove he is Christ as a person, not some fairy tail Christians believe.
Then he must make aware, a group of preconditioned peoples whom have been so muddled with the truth, they will presume him to be the Anti-Christ, when he is Christ; as most follow Paul.

Many wait for this new world order and expect the coming anti-Christ to make this?
It is already here the Pharisees (John, Paul, Simon) were everyone’s Anti-Christ, from their system of order, we have ours…. very much with hierarchal systems of order that don’t work.
We all have a number to buy and trade with and many are already marked with that furrow in their brow (do not let the worries of this life, weigh you down).
They stole power from the dragon (something that proclaims it self as God) which they made.

So when this starts we shall see, yet I doubt any messiah whom I would accept, would close another person beliefs, unless necessary and Bahai loving and kindness is always welcome.

arthra

Baha'i
I'm unsure if you wanted a Baha'i response or not or just wanted to have a chat... that's cool if you do.

But may I humbly suggest that for us Baha'is we recognize Baha'u'llah as the Lord of the Age and that He has revealed principles for this time that are crucial if humanity is to survive ... so this is not just a hypothetical situation for us. The time is crucial to establish a world government and build peace and reduce armaments... which is what Baha'u'llah posed to the rulers of His time in 1868-1870, not as a hypothetical case but as a very real necessity. They more or less ignored His principles at the time and the result was that most of them self destructed in a short time and it led to the great world wars of the twentieth century. Today I think we see the need foir a world government or parliament to deal with war and environmental issues that are crucial to respond to..

- Art

arthra said:
I'm unsure if you wanted a Baha'i response or not or just wanted to have a chat... that's cool if you do.

But may I humbly suggest that for us Baha'is we recognize Baha'u'llah as the Lord of the Age and that He has revealed principles for this time that are crucial if humanity is to survive ... so this is not just a hypothetical situation for us. The time is crucial to establish a world government and build peace and reduce armaments... which is what Baha'u'llah posed to the rulers of His time in 1868-1870, not as a hypothetical case but as a very real necessity. They more or less ignored His principles at the time and the result was that most of them self destructed in a short time and it led to the great world wars of the twentieth century. Today I think we see the need foir a world government or parliament to deal with war and environmental issues that are crucial to respond to..

- Art
Would you accept a world government that does NOT include the Bahai religion in any way. Imagine this scenerio . . . World Peace, Equality, Love, Compassion, Non-Violence . . . but at the cost of your religion. Would you sacrifice your religion to give the world peace if it could be done?

How many temples will you people build before God has enough homes?
There is a Christian church on every corner and a Muslim mosque in every town.
If the Bahai faith embraces these religions then there's no need to be Bahai, is there?
There's no need to erect new temples. God does not need a house. God certainly does not need a dozen more around the world. Why don't you people feed God's children instead. Instead of lavish gardens and fancy flower temples, feed the people. I can't take it anymore. One group after another climbs up on the shoulders of decent human beings who buy into the crap because they want World Peace, Equality and to stop the wars but you people keep taking advantage of them until the time comes when it's for real and they don't want to help anymore.

arthra

Baha'i
Actually Joanathan... your right God doesn't need a House. Baha'is have designated Houses of Worship in eight places on the earth for the worship of God and one World Center in Haifa Israel..

Baha'is themselves are the only ones privileged to erect these House of Worship and pay for their upkeep..

Other wise we have no paid clergy and no paid for administration of the local level.

Yes we do contract sometimes to have work done by non-Baha'is but the Faith is run by the believers themselves.

As to projects to alleviate human suffering and ignorance you could find the following of interest:

http://www.onecountry.org/listdev.html

Thanks for your questions!

- Art

arthra

Baha'i
Would you accept a world government that does NOT include the Bahai religion in any way?

Baha'is have never demanded that we be part of a world government. All that we have urged is that a world parliament with an international court of arbitration be established to work for peace and stability on the planet.

- Art

Booko

Deviled Hen
Jonathan Rex said:
Wiz - I'm glad that you were the first to respond. Well thought out reply on your part.

Just fyi, Wiz is not a Baha'i, so assuming you were looking for a Baha'i response, that wouldn't be one.

If you're looking for a more general response, any of the mods would be happy to move the thread to a more general area.

Booko

Deviled Hen
*** MOD POST ***

This thread has been reopened after mod review.

Please remember you are the a Discuss Individual Religions - Baha'i Faith area.

Respectful questions from users are always welcome in a DIR area, but if you wish to debate something please start a new thread in a more appropriate forum.

Thanks!