• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kick Andrew Jackson off the 20

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I have heard of Harriet Tubman as a replacement.
I'm not wild about changing it at all, for purely practical reasons. But she'd be a good choice.
Tom

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I say we take after other countries, and just take off all the presidents, replacing them with cultural figures.

And let's fulfill the Joker's wish and put him on the 1 dollar bill. ^_^

Laika

Premium Member
just for fun?

clint-eastwood-dollar-bill-currency-cash-art.jpg

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Andrew Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
One thing to notice here is that Andrew Jackson is not at all unusual from other leaders at that time with respect to natives. No, he is representative of the better ones. Like it or not, he represents a chunk of our history. If you remove him from the money you will just be whitewashing History. You may just as well remove Washington and Lincoln.

Andrew Jackson presided over a much smaller and recently colonial federal government. He was considered to be a 'Humane slave owner', which means that he represents some of the best of what our gentry was like at that time. There's no point in denying it. He helped found the state of Tennessee. His victories in the war of 1812 added popularity to his legal skills. His first war with tribal native Americans was the Seminole War, serving under president Monroe. The idea of relocating native tribes was not his but was already popular. It appealed to him and was popular, so he adopted it. Note that it was a popular initiative, favored by John Adams and many others.

In fact, just about every president on our money is in some way responsible for a lot of deaths.