• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Khilafat Day – 40 Comments from People of Denmark & Sweden – True Khilafat Changes Fear to Peace

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you…On May 27, 1908, Khilafat in Jama'at Ahmadiyya began after Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) passed away on May 26.

May 27 is celebrated as Khilafat Day in Jama'at Ahmadiyya. We pay gratitude to Allah the Exalted for the fulfillment of Promise of Allah the Exalted regarding the Prophecy of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him), and the Glad tiding given by Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) about the Second Manifestation of Divine Power (i.e. Khilafat).

In this way, Allah the Exalted saved us from dispersion and threaded us together. So we make pledge too that we shall be ready to offer any kind of sacrifice for the establishment and all times continuity of Ahmadiyya Khilafat (inshaAllah)..The previous 108 years history of Ahmadiyya Jama'at testifies that members fulfilled this pledge. One generation after the other offered sacrifices steadfastly. May Allah the Exalted always enable every current member of Jama'at or those who will join in future (inshaAllah Ta’alaa) to fulfill this pledge.

Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) mentioned the purpose of his advent to bring human close to Allah the Exalted, and to draw attention of people to pay all His rights and to pay each other's rights.

In the magazine "Al Wasiyyat" also, after telling the good news of the establishment of Khilafat, Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) has guided us to make these very things a part of our lives. So wrote in the magazine that if you bow completely towards God, so see, I tell you in concordance to the Will of God that you will become a chosen community of Him. Set greatness of God in hearts and acknowledge His Tauheed / Oneness not only by tongue but also practically so that God too manifest practically His favor and beneficence on you.

He (a.s) said: Refrain being rancorous and treat the mankind with true sympathy. Adopt each path of goodness, it is unknown you will be accepted through which path.

=====

Thus, if we remain firm at (belief of) Tauheed / Oneness of God and continue to progress in the sympathy of humanity, remain connected with the Ahmadiyya Khilafat, then we shall see all those progresses too, which Allah the Exalted has promised to Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) .

By getting information from Allah the Exalted, Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) gave us glad tiding that: Do not think that God will waste you. You are a seed from His hand which is sown in earth, God says, this seed will grow, flourish and its branches will spread in each direction and will be a large tree.

No doubt that the Jama'at established by Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) has to progress. This is the promise of God the Exalted . All of us will have to review ourselves what we are doing about Rights of Allah and Rights of humanity. The world is watching us. Allah the Exalted has given this responsibility to establish Tauheed to us. We should get near to Allah the Exalted , make effort to bring the world too near to their Maker - Only Wahid God, and establish the human values.

Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (may Allah be his Helper) further said:

In past days, I was visiting Scandinavian countries. There, some news correspondents and other educated people asked what are our objectives. I kept on telling them that the objectives of the Ahmadiyya Khilafat and Ahmadiyya Jama'at are the same as those objectives for which Allah the Exalted sent Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) . These objectives are to make full effort to bring human closer to God the Exalted and to fulfill the rights of mankind. We don't have aims other than that.

We observe in today’s world that world is forgetting God the Exalted, and generally service done in the name of service-to-humanity is done to gain own interests. It is creating more unrest.

The rifts are being developed among relations of countries and nations.

In this era, worldly people have difficulty to understand that how can Ahmadis do this work only to gain pleasure of God the Exalted, without any self-interest. Perhaps these people think that, as the tactic, in the name of love and affection, Ahmadis are coming closer to others or trying to bring others closer to Jama'at and latter perhaps when they will gain power they will capture governments. A professor of Islamic Studies from Stockholm University also asked a similar question at an occasion. Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah (a.t.) said I answered him in words of a verse / poem of Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) :

What I have to do with countries, my country is different to all.
What I have to do with crowns, my crown is the Pleasure of Friend.

So it is the very purpose of Ahmadiyya Khilafat and Ahmadiyya Jama'at.

Huzur (a.t.) said: In this travel (to Denmark and Sweden), by the grace of Allah the Exalted, many interviews took place with media. Besides Malmo mosque inauguration, there were 2 receptions in Denmark and Stockholm with others, in which the true teaching of Islam and Holy Quran, and the excellent model of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) and models of Rightly guided Khulafa were presented.

Most people expressed openly that it is only today that they learned the real teachings of Islam by Ahmadiyya Khalifah……….. People say same in gatherings, conferences, and symposiums in the name of peace, held by Jama'at Ahmadiyya at various places in the world. This focused effort to inform people about real Islam is being done only by Ahmadiyya Jama'at – in West, East, North and in South. It is so because Ahmadiyya Jama'at is attached with Khilafat and works according to its directions. Thus , the ongoing system of Khilafat after Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) not only guides the believers but shows the examples of true Islam to others or those are afraid of Islam.

The comments by guests -- The effects:

DENMARK

In a reception in a hotel in Denmark, some members of parliament, the minister of Culture and Religion, Mayor, politicians and various learned people and representatives of embassies were present. They heard and saw the function, all of them without exception, expressed that they learned the true teachings of Islam.

1= There was a Danish guest Sten Hoffman , he said that he was extremely satisfied and happy by listening to the speech of the Khalifah. Such a message is extremely and urgently needed in this era. He said: May Allah do that Khalifa's words are understood in Scandinavia in the best way.

From Norskov city of Denmark, many people had come. The Mayor, politicians, and other learned people were there.

2=A member of their council said: Khalifa's speech was very impressive and he was happy to know that hundreds of thousands of Muslims were fearlessly standing in the world, like a bright beacon of light only for the sake of bringing peace.

And these are people who are linked Ahmadiyya Jama'at.

3=One guest said: After the speech (of Khalifah), all the people sitting at the table, were talking regarding the right understanding of Islam. People were saying it is the matter of pleasure that Islam has been such beautifully presented. Especially Danish people know Islam with respect to one side, they do not know there are various sects in Islam which want peace, in my view it is essential to be told. And I am sure all the guests in this event will go home with new determination…..

Huzur (a.t.) observed: The first foundation was laid in Denmark when a sketch of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) was made in the wrong way. Huzur a.t. had told them, this would beget hatreds, peace would be damaged, destruction would come and nothing would be gained…………They accepted it and said this issue is very sensitive to them to talk about those sketches but the way Huzur explained we have understood well.

4=A guest said: After today’s address, people’s opinion about Muslims would surely change. To understand Islam well, I have ordered a Holy Quran too, it has notes too. After today’s evening, I have realized my less awareness. I shall read Holy Quran too.

5=When guests from Norskov were leaving after the event, a guest wrote: We thank you thousands of times, this conference will be remembered for all life as memorable moment and experience. There was a special air in coach journey from Copenhagen to Norskov. During all journey, this conference was talked about. Everybody agreed we have spent a very good day and we learned a lot.

6= A journalist expressed his emotions by saying that: Learned a lot, and Khalifa's speech has forced me to think, especially about the image of Islam presented by the media which is quite different from the reality. I cannot criticize his (Khalifah’s) any words because his all discourse was about love, affection, and mutual respect, and he said these very things are key to peace. Khalifah told us about the danger of another world war. I am now worried. I have already heard from few people that we are near to world war, but I had believed him. Today my thought is changed, I have to take it seriously. Khalifah has presented it in a way that I will have to think.

7=Then a lady guest expressed her emotions: These talks compelled to think, but these were worrisome in a way because Khalifah presented a serious picture of future. He warned us about dangers of war. He said yet there is time to make the effort for peace otherwise we shall regret afterward.

8=A Danish lady guest said that before that day she had negative ideas about Islam but what she heard that day was good and a message full of love. She learned ISIS is not Islam. Islamic teaching is to protect all places of worship.

CONTINUES

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
9=A Danish guest said: I met such a person who proved that the picture of Islam, which is being shown by media, it is wrong. I have become quite emotional and excited. I met such a person who told me the meaning of Jihad. I liked very much his ideas about Media’s freedom of opinion and to maintain the balance of peace in this world.

10= A Danish guest said: The Khalifa presented references from Quran in his address. From it, it is known his words are not self-made but based on reality. From these words, it is proved that it is possible that integration for Muslims in west is possible because Khalifah said Islam is not against western values, since peace tolerance and respecting each other are common values….Truly speaking, Danish people are much afraid of Muslims and the Middle East wars. But at least after today we have understood that whatsoever is happening there is not the fault of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) or his religion but rather his teachings have been mutilated.

11=A university student said: The points of address were very clear. The way Islamic values were presented it was very clear. These are such values which we all should adopt…It has been proved to me and all attendees Islam is peaceful religion, and it is proved by verses of Quran, life of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) and examples of his Khulafa. I liked it much. The aims of Jama'at Ahmadiyya were presented clearly, by it I got the opportunity to understand true Islam.

12=Another guest expressed passions by saying: By way, the Khalifa talked about our generation and the problems of the time, and told solutions of those problems by making Quran as base, it was very great. At least I did not know before today that Quran says so much about Justice…..My ideas about Islam are fully changed, earlier I only knew what media told, but now I have seen the reality of other side. Khalifah of time have given reference of a verse which mentioned Justice should be done with those people too who are not liked by person. It was good he told Muslims of early time treated Jews and Christians with love. This has touched my heart deeply.

13=A lady member of Humanist Society said: The people know very little about the peaceful message. Media brings forth only bad things and doesn't tell anything about pleasant matters. All the Danish media should have been here today and I am much despaired at this attitude of my country.

14=A Danish lady said: I did not know anything about Islam but I leaned very much today. I am happy, in this regard your Khalifa is my teacher. I accept Islam is a peaceful religion. I wish that people pay attention to his message. I want to get the Danish translation of this speech to absorb all those words nicely, and convey to other people. The message of Khalifah should be spread all over Denmark. We shall have to accept his message, and to learn from him. Before, she felt that all Muslims were violent but now she feels much regret for having those ideas. Majority of them are good but media has filled our brains. This morning, my husband was forbidding her from coming here, he was feeling there would be a attack or suicide attack but I forced him to come, and now he is quite happy that he came too. He has become much emotional. I would so the one who did not come despite invitation he is great unwise.

15=A Danish politician said that that was his first time to meet a Khalifa. His experience with him was quite different from meeting any other Muslim………. He told to person who brought him] Your Imam says what other Muslims do not say. Your Khalifah makes it clear Islam gives freedom to other religions. The world needs to hear words of Khalifah. His words should spread to far places. Perhaps you may be a small Jama'at but your message is very great…..Event was very informative e.g. I learned about Prophet Muhammad [s.a.w.] and Holy Quran, and he allowed the Christians to pray in his mosque and that he was against all kinds of anti-semitism.

16=Representative of American embassy said that the Khalifa showed the true face of Islam. People were afraid of Islam after Brusel and Paris attacks, Khalifa made it clear that this terrorism has no relation with Islam. Islam is religion of wisdom and peace………

17=A Danish lady teacher said that today she learned a lot about Islam. I would relate all that to her students what I heard from Khalifah. Many people are afraid of Islam, but I learned from Khalifah that instead of fearing Islam we should be concerned about extremism and terrorism. Islam and terrorism both are separate from each other. I thought I knew Islam but in fact I knew nothing e.g. I did not know that Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) piously treated the Christians and Jews. This matter has made me much emotional. Speech was very balanced. He warned people with bad deeds.

18=Another guest said that she observed from the Khalifa's speech that he listened to other speakers very well. Khalifa's talk about third world war was thought provoking and she got a little nervous, but she got a kind of satisfaction from the address too.

===============

SWEDEN - MALMO

In Malmo, in the inauguration of Mosque, more than 140 guests attended that included parliament members, Mayor of Malmo city, police chief, representatives of the Swedish Church, professors of universities and people from different walks of life.

19=A Jewish guest said : Today was very informative for me, as I learned very much about Islam. In this world very much negative thinking is present about Muslims. We all are afraid of extremism of Muslims that is why I became surprised to hear message of love and only by a Muslim leader. Khalifah said to worship God and along with it there should be love for humanity. Khalifa made me feel that Muslims are also our brethern.......

20=A lady who is a Christian priest and works in a hospital said that she thinks that it is true that people of Malmo and Europe are afraid of Muslims and mosques. Khalifa has said very important things about peace and responsibilities of people. He told us about purpose of a mosque and I hope he will be successful in convincing others about these. Surely he has convinced me. The subject of purpose of mosque was very essential and its each word was meaningful and profound. Khalifah gave message not to be afraid of each other, but there should be mutual understanding and sharing of thoughts…..The truth is that your Khalifah’s address has shaken me. I am very excited. Today I heard a Muslim Head talking only about peace, he told me Islam is the religion of service of humanity. The best part of his speech was that humanity will have to recognize its Creator and one should have firm faith in God. Same is my idea as well.

21=Malmo City Mayor Mr. Anderson said: Khalifah has assured establishment of peace. He mentioned real aims of making mosque in this city and area. We consider this mosque as a source of peace and integration.

22=A journalist said: It is great surprise that expenses of mosque are paid by members by themselves. It was extremely surprise for me as it was not a usual money it is matter of 30 million Krona. You people have done all work by yourself. I am moved. I see incidents of terrorism and cruelty but you people are different from them. Sometimes ago I was walking in a supermarket. A person asked me whether I am Muslim. I told him no I am not Muslim I am Christian. He said if you are Christian then go to Hell. But your thought is fully different. Such things are not seen in you Ahmadis.

23=A guest who teaches in university said: Khalifah’s address was very effective. It gave us universal message of peace, love and tolerance.

24=From Lund University, professor of Islamiat came he said: address of Khalifah was very interesting and effective. After the address people were discussing it. Everyone was impressed. Some people demanded its copies….People from various religions attended this event.

25=The representative of Church of Scientology, Sweden came, he said: I liked the sentence of speech of Khalifah i.e. we should set aside our personal interests for a big benefit.

26=A friend Michael (whose parents are Polish) speech was complete in every respect. It contained message of peace and helping each other. He mentioned about facilities in Africa, schools etc. I believe in God but here many others do not. I feel proud of meeting a person who has a firm belief in God - One Creator. After hearing address now I am not afraid of Islam, but only from extremists. It is clear they are separate.

27=Mr. Hussain Abdullah, a Muslim guest from Yogoslavia said: Words of Khalifah has touched me. I agree with each of his words. He defended Islam in a way which other Muslims cannot do. He stressed on tolerance and helping others, teaching of Islam is that we should help all needy. Now I am proud of Ahmadiyya Jama'at. People have wrong impressions about Islam. To correct them is not an easy task. But Khalifah is ahead of all in this work.

28=A Swedish guest expressed his thoughts: This evening has extremely impressed me and I have learned what is Islam. Khalifah talked about many topics in few minutes, and defended Islam in way I have never heard before. He admitted some Muslims are bad, but he proved with reference of Quran that such people are going against teaching of Holy Quran.

CONTINUES

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
29= A politician said: Khalifah said you should feel peace from a real Muslim. In the event, I was really feeling peace.

30= A Christian priest said: I agree with each word of your Khalifa's speech. In particular I liked his words that we should remember God, it is base of religion. When he read Quran in start, I felt it was very spiritual and moving.

31= Another guest said: Today he felt like being in another world. The central topic was that we should take care of each other, especially those who are most weak and needy. Khalifa proved through Quran that religion was a matter of heart. He gave me satisfaction. I hope others too might have gotten benefit.

32=A guest said: In today’s address, many topics were talk. People say Islam is religion of extremism but your Khalifah’s message is absolutely different than it.

= A Swedish guest said: I learned a lot about Islam which was very good. Media always tells us Islam is religions of violence, but today we heard opposed to that. Khalifah gave us satisfaction and removed our fear and proved that Holy Prophet (peace be on him) was full of peace.

33=Another guest told that she was afraid before coming here. But today what is seen and what I observed was fully different. Message of Khalifah was message of mercifulness, sympathy and peace. He teaches you should love every person without seeing what is their religion. It has touched my heart. It was good to hear Islam teaches about rights of neighbours.

34= There are similar impressions by other guests including Buddhists, Christians; everyone expressed that teaching of Islam and model of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) is surely against extremism.

35=A parliament member said: Khalifa should represent Islam everywhere and at each platform and people should hear him, if anyone had some fear of Islam it would have been removed today.

36=One person said: This speech should be given to Austrians because people in those countries have become fanatic in hate and fear of Islam. They have extreme need to hear this speech so that they may learn Islam is a religion of peace. Khalifah taught beautifully about purpose of mosques, and that mosque and Salaat mean peace and security. I liked that your Khalifah said your Jama'at has no connection with politics, and it only cares about establishing peace. I am moved much when Khalifah said Ahmadis wants to remove troubles of humanity and want to help them. It was very interesting that Khalifah told that In the time of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) a trouble-maker mosque (Zarrar) was demolished. It proves mosques are places of only peace.

========================

SWEDEN – STOCKHOLM

There was a reception in Sweden’s capital Stockholm where 6 members of parliament came, there were other governmental office-holders and people of various walks of life. There too people gave very good comments.

37=One guest said: Today I learned very much, it was very impressive. More than that there is hope. I am very thankful that Khalifah came here, his message made us feel that we should not close eyes when we see a conflict that it will end by itself. It was very solid message. I am very much thankful for that.

38=One of the guests said: There are such powers working in this world that want to keep humans away from each other. You have become successful to gather everyone at a place because when we meet, our eyes open and we get more to learn.

39=A Christian refugee from Iraq Mr. Salam said: I never heard such talks in Iraq, there people do not present that picture of Islam which your Khalifah is telling. Alas, if Iraqis had listened to Khalifah, we had not migrated like this and had not come like beggars before Swedish people. Here Swedish people think I have come here to demand a right, this feeling is very troubling for me, there is no one like your Khalifah in Iraq, Khalifah is clearly telling what is happening in the world. Your Jama'at is better than all Muslim sects.

40=Then a guest said: The message, Khalifa gave, it is real message which was given by all religions in their beginning, basic teaching of each religion is this. Khalifah is calling towards humanity. After hearing your talks, I am sure that religion is not the reason of problems of world. If we have differences with Muslims, these are not due to religion, these are of culture.

=========================

The Coverage

DENMARK: The coverage in Denmark by electronic and print media:

A national newspaper Bl.a.det with 50,000 readers published the news of the function at hotel.

A radio 24, journalist interviewed me for 45 minutes and broadcast the same with verbatum Danish translation. The radio station has 25 to 40 thousand listeners.

The TV DR also broadcast the news and it has 2 million viewers.

Similarly through other media, this message of Islam reached a total of 3 million people.

SWEDEN

Similarly in Sweden, by newspapers, radio and TV, there were six interviews conducted. News were given on national TV.

In all, the message reached about 8 million people.

==========================

Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (may Allah be his Helper) said: The way message of Jama'at is being reached, and I mentioned the comments of people commented, in general they learned reality after hearing the Islamic teaching that true Islamic teaching is in paying right of Allah the Exalted, message of security and peace is with it, and to pay rights of people.

People learned that since Jama'at Ahmadiyya is attached with Khilafat, that is why it is paying these rights.

Thus, it is basic that each Ahmadi should understand that these rights can be truly paid only by being linked with Khilafat.

True Khilafat does not change fear (to peace) of its followers only , but it changes fears of others into peace too. Many of guests’ comments expressed so too, gist has been mentioned. After coming to our functions their states of fears changed in peace.

Because it is promise of Allah the Exalted that is why His supports accompany which exert effect of beautiful teaching of Islam on others. That is why some guests mentioned reading of Holy Quran.

If anyone wants to establish Khilafat by leaving Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) in this era, or will want, he will fail, and will not be able to establish peace.

So we see in the real Khilafat time, in first-era-of-Khilafat (Righteously guided Khilafat), what happened at the time of Hazrat Umar (r.a.), such peace was established in Syria and Iraq that Christians there would cry that Muslim should come back (when Romans tried to capture again). When Muslims came back, Christians celebrated.

But what is happening now, the movement began in Syria and Iraq, in the name of Khilafat, it did not have enough energy, no reality. The energy they had in the start, it is finished now, no strength. The work which was started on the name of Khilafat, it has turned into mere organization in 2 or 3 years latter. It has not given peace to its follower or others. Many who went there from here in the name of Islam and Khilafat, with a zeal, from Europe too. But they became disappointed after seeing non-Islamic things. Many of them wants to come back but cannot. Media is reporting it. They are living in fear. All paths are closed for them. The condition of extremism is such that, according to a report, few days ago, a child of milk sucking age was crying with hunger, home was far, mother went to separate place under a tree and began to feed milk to the baby, with fully covering herself. Then so-called contractors and protectors of Islam came and these soldiers of so-called Khilafat snatched baby from mother (who was sitting absolutely on a separate side) and killed the woman with bullets.

These are oppressions being taking place there. They killed her that you are doing non-Islamic act. They have snatched peace of their own people. What peace they shall give to others.

In the time of Hazrat Umar (r.a.), Christian were happy that Muslims are given them peace – Christians were not giving peace. Today reverse is being taking place.

But it is only Ahmadiyya Khilafat which changing fear of followers and others in peace. Comments of various people are showing supports of Allah the Exalted are with Ahmadiyya Khilafat and these never diminish. The history of past 108 years testifies to it.

Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) said If it was work of any human, it would have gone finished by long ago. Thus this establishment of Jama'at of Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) and promise of establishment of Khilafat are divine. The same thing which was in the time of Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) and which foes tried to finish but failed, if they try to finish it today they shall never be able to finish it, by the grace of Allah the Exalted. This Khilafat and this system is to remain continuous for always, by the grace of Allah the Exalted.

If we see our resources, we cannot imagine to take message of Islam to such large number of people. But when Allah the Exalted has destined to take this message to reach end of the world, then who can stop these progresses, no worldly power can do so. We should pray, May Allah the Exalted let each Ahmadi always remain connected with Ahmadiyya Khilafat with loyalty and may we see soon fulfillment of promises of Allah the Exalted, with more grandeur. [Aameen]

=======
Based on Friday sermon (May 27, 2016) by Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (may Allah Help him with His Mighty Help), UK, alislam.org and mta.tv

Last edited: