• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Karma and Reincarnation

Does anyone else feel the same way I do about this? I feel that Karma and Reincarnation explains so much for why things are the way they are. I also believe that it is truly the ultimate justice for our Universe. It also gives us infinite chances to escape the cycle of birth and death. It also shows how forgiving the Lord is and that he loves us infinitely to give us infinite chances to clean up our act and go back to him. Anyone else agree with this?

Paraprakrti

Custom User
I agree...

The question I often ask others who deny karma and reincarnation is how they can account for why certain individuals are born into certain positions while others are born into different ones. They would say that it is just chance. But they fail to take into account the soul. Also, "chance" is not factual. Chance means they fail to perceive order. Would you agree?

Definately. It also just seems downright cruel to say that its chance, and that for absolutely no reason, a soul is born in Ethiopia and just has to starve. And not only that, because Christians believe in only one life, then ultimately they have no chance for salvation? It just doesnt make any sense, and almost makes God seem like some cruel barbarian.

Paraprakrti

Custom User
I have met two types of Christians: Ones who believe that the soul is born with the body, but for some reason lives on perpetually from that point, and ones who believe that the soul exists before the body but is in a state of homogenous oneness with God, akin to mayavadi philosophy.
The first idea I have problems with because philosophically speaking, that which has a beginning has also an end. This idea of an endless beginning is abstract and requires a great deal of faith over common sense. That, and because it does not take into account why certain souls are born of rich families and others of poor starving families, is why I do not accept that idea.
The second idea is, of course, mayavadi and denies anyone from ultimately having a one on one personal relationship with God.

Paraprakrti

Custom User
That's what you gotta hope for. I remember when I first got into the "Hare Krsna" teachings. Everyone on my ship had some nonsense to say. I would get into debates on a daily basis. This was back when we were out to sea in the gulf. People didn't really want to know, most of them just wanted to find fault.
It is nice to talk to like minded people for a change.