• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Karaoke, can you handle it?

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Think you can do it? How about... in Bosnian? :)

Take a hit by Seka Aleksic, like Iskoristi moje mane:

2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rEhnj2Qxvo

Then, try it karaoke - with the lyrics provided... can you handle it? :D

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
I love this song, have to be careful playing it, though. She's half Muslim but she has the strongest Orthodox Christian accent ever - lol Wouldn't want anyone to hear. :D I could be dragged out in the street and stoned. lol

Hacker

Djamila said:
I love this song, have to be careful playing it, though. She's half Muslim but she has the strongest Orthodox Christian accent ever - lol Wouldn't want anyone to hear. :D I could be dragged out in the street and stoned. lol
How could you be "half" Muslim?:D

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Tlcmel said:
How could you be "half" Muslim?:D

Hehehe - our religions are our ethnicity. In the same way you have Hispanic Americans, African Americans, and White Americans - we have Muslim Bosnians, Roman Catholic Bosnians, and Orthodox Christian Bosnians.

We're all the same race, Slavic, and we all speak a dialect of the same language.

Religion is the only difference between us.

So if you say - she's a Bosniak, it's the same as saying she's a Muslim. If you say - he's a Bosnian Croat, it means he's a Roman Catholic Bosnian.

So saying someone is half Muslim is like saying they're half Hispanic here. :D

You could just say "half Bosniak" as well, they're the same.

Hacker

Djamila said:
Hehehe - our religions are our ethnicity. In the same way you have Hispanic Americans, African Americans, and White Americans - we have Muslim Bosnians, Roman Catholic Bosnians, and Orthodox Christian Bosnians.

We're all the same race, Slavic, and we all speak a dialect of the same language.

Religion is the only difference between us.

So if you say - she's a Bosniak, it's the same as saying she's a Muslim. If you say - he's a Bosnian Croat, it means he's a Roman Catholic Bosnian.

So saying someone is half Muslim is like saying they're half Hispanic here. :D

You could just say "half Bosniak" as well, they're the same.
Hmmmm I find that kind of odd, not what I expected but okay,hehehe.:D ;)

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Tlcmel said:
Hmmmm I find that kind of odd, not what I expected but okay,hehehe.:D ;)

Yeah, it is odd - I've realized, in interaction with people around the world. :D But it's normal for us. lol

People even call children of parents who aren't the same faith "mixed", or "half breeds". All the same rules apply as if religion was our race, in terms of how we use the labels "Muslim", "Catholic", etc.

We even have a racial term for athiest - "Yugoslav". A Yugoslav can have a faith, but they're always either from "mixed" marriages and have one of the parent's faith, or have no faith.