• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

JW's Jesus is Archangel Michael?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Here Michael is shown as a great prince that stands for us, Christians and Jews. How can this be anyone but Christ!
-------------------
Conclusion: my conclusion is therefore that, the matter remains obscure and without solution.
Lots of people (including me) stand up for Christians and Jews. I love them both and I would if need be fight for both. Even the world's governments stand for the rights of Jews and Christians.

Personally, I simply go by scripture all the way, and if scripture leaves me where I cannot answer yes or no, then I accept this and hope that in a future time we might finally be informed clearly.

The problem with Michael being Jesus is that there are both pros and cons to this - serious ones at that:
Cons: in the scripture just below Jude gives us reasons to not accept this view.

*[[Jud 1:1]] Darby* Jude, bondman of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to the called ones beloved in God the Father and preserved in Jesus Christ:
*[[Jud 1:9]] Darby* But Michael the archangel, when disputing with the devil he reasoned about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a railing judgment against him , but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

As may be seen in verse one, Jude mentions our Lord by name. There is no reason for him not to inform us about who disputed with Satan! Yet, Jude tells us that not Jesus Christ, our Lord, but Michael the archangel was the one who disputed with Satan. This is not logical if the two are one and same. To me this is a big obstacle to accepting that Michael and Jesus are one and same.

Pros:
When Michael is mentioned in Revelation: *[[Rev 12:7]] Darby* And there was war in the heaven: Michael and his angels went to war with the dragon. And the dragon fought, and his angels;

- I might accept this as Michael being Jesus for otherwise how are we to understand this relates to the prophecy of Daniel wherein he does use Michael's name!

*[[Dan 12:1]] Darby* And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince who standeth for the children of thy people; and there shall be a time of distress, such as never was since there was a nation until that time. And at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that is found written in the book.

Here Michael is shown as a great prince that stands for us, Christians and Jews. How can this be anyone but Christ!
-------------------
Conclusion: my conclusion is therefore that, the matter remains obscure and without solution.

Dear Grandliseur
My Bible commentary on Daniel 12:1 says:-
‘At that time’ refers to the events predicted in the previous paragraph (11:36-45), which details the antichrist's furious attempt to destroy and annihilate the Jewish people (11:44). Then the archangel Michael... who stands watch over the Jewish people will rise to their defence to preserve them (see note at 10:12-13; cp. Rev 12:7). This will be necessary because the great tribulation (the second half of Daniel's seventieth week; Dan 9:27) will be a time of unprecedented distress. Despite the horrific nature of the persecution of Israel, the result will be that the surviving remnant of the Jewish nation will turn in faith to their Messiah Jesus (Zech 12:10; Rm 11:25-27) and He will deliver them. The book refers to the heavenly Book of Life in which the names of the elect are listed (Ps 69:28; Php 4:3; Rev 13:8; 17:8; 20:15).
There is absolutely nothing in that verse or anywhere in the Bible to suggest that the Archangel Michael is Jesus Christ our Lord. This subject is so important if you remember the Warning that the Apostle Paul wrote in Galatians 1:6-8:-
Galatians 1:6-8 (KJV) 6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

I find it interesting to think of the revivals that took place around the world in the late 1800’s, Satan is not far behind sowing deceptions. The Jehovah's Witnesses came into being around that time. Coincidence:- I think not.
Christ’s prophet, Certainty for eternity