• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just what we need - just what faith needs

Pah

Uber all member
NetDoc said:
Like I said Pah... "sometimes it's not".
I would expect it would be righteous for both loser and winner in each case that God commands. Both sides of the Irish conflict are righteous. I would hazard a guess that the Bosnian genocide was supported by thoughts of God's support.

I think the "sometimes" is rare enought to be called an exception.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I would say it's rare... I don't pretend to understand all of God's decisions. We only see such a small portion of the overall picture, so we really have no idea what his purpose is.

Pah

Uber all member
NetDoc said:
I would say it's rare... I don't pretend to understand all of God's decisions. We only see such a small portion of the overall picture, so we really have no idea what his purpose is.
We have a difference of opinion and that's okay. And I think you are right when you don't pretend to understand all of God's opinions. But I only questioned that part you seemed to know well enough to make a comment.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Pah,

while I have MANY opinions about what I see in this world, there is very little that I claim to understand completely. I am sure my conversation does not adequately delineate between what I see as my opinion and what I understand to be fact. Still, I am a seeker and open to new thoughts and revelations.