• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Thanks for the welcome. I love your description of Ramana. In my opinion, David Godman has done a wonderful job making the teachings and legacy of Ramana Maharshi available to the Western mind. Another great modern Hindu saint that I revere is Anandamayi Ma, with similar teachings but perhaps a little less intellectual and with a huge focus on Love and Devotion.
Are you familiar with Papaji who was a follower of Ramana? The documentary below includes some video of Ramana and includes footage of David Godman interviewing Papaji. While Ramana and Papaji outwardly are extremely different, my sense is that their being and the essence of the message is the same. I do confess to gales of laughter in parts while I watched an excerpt of that video.

Brief summary is that it's a personal narration of looking for Gurus, and always somehow coming back to the sage at Aunachala. But pretty decent writing. I read it as an option from a shelf in a Bed and Breakfast property we stayed in ... once upon a time.
I didn't know any details of the story, but I must definitely pick up the book. And I must say that this seems to be a somewhat unusual offering at a Bed and Breakfast place! :D

Are you familiar with Papaji who was a follower of Ramana? The documentary below includes some video of Ramana and includes footage of David Godman interviewing Papaji. ]
Of course, I've heard David Godman speak of Papaji, but have been putting off getting around to watching a video of him for awhile now. Thanks for the reminder and the link.

MonkeyFire

Thanks for the welcome, but I don't quite understand your message. Maybe, well . . . Jesus as the dove, perhaps, since doves are often considered to be messengers from the spiritual realm. Also, they were used as sacrificial offerings by people operating a low budget who couldn't afford to pay for lambs. As for Satan feeding pigeons - yikes!! Watch out birds, you better fly away fast because he's probably trying to hand you some poison !!!!! :dizzy::dizzy:

I have my own religion and I believe that Jesus wants us to be passive, and doves represent non-violence, and the opposite of pacifism is temptation (the hellp) which finds beauty in hell like pigeons just living free in hell.