• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jungian philosophy

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow seekers!

I hope you have been enjoying your experiences her at the forum today.

Here is a great little video all about the life & thoughts of Carl Jung.

I found it most enlightening and that is why I felt moved to create this thread :)

To view the video - click below

If you want a little more philosophy - try their channel - looks to be dozens of videos!

https://www.youtube.com/c/PhilosophiesforLife/videos

Obviously I cannot vouch for all of them just yet - so click on whatever arouses your curiosity.

Enjoy your browsing!

:)

wellwisher

I was a big fan of Carl Jung, back in the day. His psychology was about collective human propensities. It was less about the ego, which had been the trend in most other orientations of psychology. It was more about deeper collective aspects of the brain's operating system.

The atheists could go along with all the ego-centric psychology, while Jung was alive. However, many had a political and philosophical problem with Jungian Psychology, because his proof of the archetypes; personality firmware common to all humans, was based on collective human symbolism. The lion's share of this symbolic data was connected to the world's religions; past and present, mystical or not. The atheists were closed-minded against anything religious, so Jung was rejected even without a fair trial. He was ridiculed by the fake news of his day. But was still accepted by his peers.

What Jung could show was common symbols, within collective human symbolism, that appeared groups that could be proven to never have had any interaction. Both would come up with the same symbols, independently, of time and space. These symbols appeared, spontaneously, from shared genetic based neural firmware. The individual patient could also have dreams that contained collective human symbolism they never saw before, But these unique symbolism was often readily available in ancient and old literature they never read before.

In my case, I had been to therapy as a young man to optimize my ego using the more mainstream ordinations of psychology. I was able to self actualize with the help of friends. Although self actualization had been the goal, it felt so anti-climatic. The journey to the goal was more fun than finally reaching the goal. I felt there needed to be more than optimizing my ego.

During this time of discontent, I discovered the works of Jung. He was dealing with deeper parts of the psyche common to humans as a species. This study of the collective firmware; archetypes, became my new goal. I read his entire collective works and became an expert in collective human symbolism. I also decided to extend the works of Jung, by inducing my own unconscious mind, so I could observe the symbolic firmware output. I would learn to become the Scientists and the experiment. Reading proof is good, but experiencing it first hand was even better.

What I found, which was first presented by Jung, was that we have two centers of consciousness; ego and the inner self. The inner self is the undiscovered self written about by Jung. The inner self is natural and much older than the ego. It is connected to human DNA that defines us as a species. It has higher priority within the operating system of the brain. This is one of the final frontiers of science. It requires an update in the philosophy of science since the brain's operating system is not outside yourself for all to agree.