• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jungian Archetypes: Puella Aeterna and Puer Aeternus

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
The divine child archetypes, female and male, respectively. The Puer Aeternus is the shadow or the enantiodromic opposite of the "Wise Old Man" archetype. I'm assuming that the Puella Aeterna is the shadow or the enantiodromic opposite of the "helpful old woman."

I've had some limited success in finding information regarding these archetypes. Anyone have any good sources, especially for the puella aeterna? She's supposed to learn from the Shadow, from what I've found so far. Persephone comes to my mind.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The Heathen

The divine child archetypes, female and male, respectively. The Puer Aeternus is the shadow or the enantiodromic opposite of the "Wise Old Man" archetype. I'm assuming that the Puella Aeterna is the shadow or the enantiodromic opposite of the "helpful old woman."

I've had some limited success in finding information regarding these archetypes. Anyone have any good sources, especially for the puella aeterna? She's supposed to learn from the Shadow, from what I've found so far. Persephone comes to my mind.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I can't think of specific works, but I can point you in the direction of some resources that may help. And since I'm not be trusted with URLs as of yet, The Philemon Foundation (wwwDOTphilemonfoundationDOTorg) is devoted to publishing the works of Carl Jung. Inner City Books (innercitybooksDOTnet), run by Jungian analyst Daryl Sharp, is entirely devoted to short, readable books on Jung by Jungian analysts. I would pay particular attention to authors such as Marion Woodman, Marie Louis von Franz, Emma Jung, and June Singer. If I had to guess, Woodman and von Franz have probably said a fair amount about the puella archetype in their analyses of fairy tales.

Good luck, and I look forward to learning what you find.

The Heathen

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
I can't think of specific works, but I can point you in the direction of some resources that may help. And since I'm not be trusted with URLs as of yet, The Philemon Foundation (wwwDOTphilemonfoundationDOTorg) is devoted to publishing the works of Carl Jung. Inner City Books (innercitybooksDOTnet), run by Jungian analyst Daryl Sharp, is entirely devoted to short, readable books on Jung by Jungian analysts. I would pay particular attention to authors such as Marion Woodman, Marie Louis von Franz, Emma Jung, and June Singer. If I had to guess, Woodman and von Franz have probably said a fair amount about the puella archetype in their analyses of fairy tales.

Good luck, and I look forward to learning what you find.

The Heathen
Thank you! :D